STUDENT CO-OP/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: 12-month term, starting September 2017.
The Electrical & Controls Engineering team is seeking an internship student to work in Calgary, Alberta. We are looking for a motivated, self-starter who works well in a diverse team environment. As an ideal candidate, you will be responsible to learn a variety of analysis functions and participate in improvement projects that relate to our role in TransCanada. You will be exposed to TransCanada's entire portfolio of energy assets and the programs utilized to manage these assets throughout North America.
The Electrical & Controls Engineering team is part of the Facilities Integrity and Discipline Engineering and provides engineering for projects, maintenance, operational support and business improvement projects in TransCanada. The team is responsible for the implementation of world-class operating and maintenance strategies, programs, systems, processes, and tools to existing power assets in collaboration with the operation and maintenance departments.
The successful applicant will gain practical electrical design and operations experience and have the opportunity to work in and learn about the natural gas, power, and oil industry.
- Provide engineering support for standards, process safety and operational issues, capital projects or other corporate objectives;
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and provide engineering support to facility operation and maintenance teams for both day-to-day activities;
- Prepare calculations, designs, design documents, specifications, conceptual studies, reports, and proposals;
- Perform statistical analysis on equipment reliability data;
- Support business planning, reporting, and budgeting through data collection, testing, and scenario analysis;
- Support company processes including Engineering Standards, Management of Change, and Project Management Procedures;
- Perform other related duties as business needs arise and your skills and interests align
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Must be enrolled in a co-op/internship program at a recognized post-secondary institution over the duration of the work term;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player – demonstrating a high level of initiative, cooperation, and sharing of tasks;
- Good problem solving and time management skills;
- Enthusiastic, eager to learn, and motivated to spend time troubleshooting;
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail;
- Innovative, self-motivated, professional, and able to work and contribute in a fast-paced, multi-discipline team environment;
- Conscientious, mature, and has a high regard for safety;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply technical software;
- Other tasks as required.
- Completion of third year in Electrical Engineering;
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio (or similar spreadsheet, database, and e-mail software);
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Oil & Gas industry are considered an asset.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 04/21/2017. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 32441. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-Electrical-Engineering-Internship-Student-AB/401508000/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →