Role and Responsibilities
The Electronics Technician will safely and efficiently repair and maintain field and shop equipment.
- Install, maintain and repair electromechanical, electrical and electronic components of field and shop equipment, including hydraulic and pneumatic devices in accordance with the company required standards.
- Perform preventative repairs and maintenance of field and shop electronic and electrical equipment and components.
- Test solid-state circuitry to find defective parts in digital and analog equipment and replace defective parts.
- Install enhancements and major upgrades to field and shop equipment.
- Assist in the layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job or third party specifications.
- Assist in the training and coaching of other electronic technicians on their job duties, and their obligations as per the Team Lead, Electronics or the Maintenance Manager.
- Enforce HSE policy.
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure the security of the personnel, environment and the equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of all proper safe work procedures and practices to manage each task in a safe and efficient manner that will ensure that the personnel, the public and the environment are not placed at risk due to our operations.
- Conduct JSA procedures with a mindset of “what can go wrong, how can we complete this task safety” and “How does my task affect my fellow worker?”
- Responsible for On the Job competency training and coaching as advised by the Team Lead, Electronics or the Maintenance Manager to ensure employees are properly trained and capable of completing the required task.
- Prepare and fill out work orders, On the Job Training reports, safety meetings, near misses, accident investigation forms, and other company related forms.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or technical diploma in Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation.
- 3 years of experience with oilfield instrumentation and equipment.
- Certifications – Enform H2S Alive, First Aid/CPR, TDG, Petroleum Safety Training (IRP16), IRP12, WHMIS, Defensive Driving, Hand Signals, ½ mask and SCBA mask fit testing, Fall Protection, Rig Rescue, Confined Space Entry, Forklift Certification, Manlift Certification.
- Strong computer and networking skills.
- Excellent ability to think quickly and make the most effective decisions in high pressure situations.
- Leadership, supervisory and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with interpersonal communication skills – written and oral.
- Strong business sense.
- Strong ability to organize daily tasks and work within defined timelines to meet operational requirements as well as document completion and submitting as required.
- Proven ability to perform confidently, accurately, professionally and thoroughly in a fast paced detail oriented environment while supporting all management decisions.
- Able to respond to crew member’s observations and recommendations on safety and operations issues.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://stepenergyservices.startdate.ca/#/career/info/public/5a0b4d6776be10055944fe4d →