- Ability to interpret work orders and technical manuals; diagnose faults or malfunctions; adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Ensures all work done meets manufactures ‘specifications and legislated regulations.
- Performs regular scheduled services on all equipment.
- Mentor and train apprentice mechanics.
- Familiarize and understand every safety practice expected by Canyon.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to ensure deadlines are met.
- Has a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization.
- Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems; generates alternative solutions to problems arriving at workable solutions.
- Ensures shop is clean and safe at all times
- Licensed Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician
- 2 – 4 years of experience is required
- Extensive Hydraulic Experience
- Class 1 Driver’s License, and valid safety tickets are assets
- Clean driver’s abstract, ability to pass physical assessment, and drug screening.
- Exposure to noise, fumes, dust, bending and standing for long periods
- Slip, trips and climbing hazards, overhead cranes suspended loads
- Travel will be required
- Work schedule of 8 and 6
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://canyontech.startdate.ca/#/career/info/public/58ee35d39204d4513a803ac6 →
- Canyon Technical Services