As the Specialist, Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) you will be responsible for STEP’s C-SOX compliance program. This position requires an individual who is a team player and is adaptable to a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Planning, documenting, testing, and reporting on internal controls for the company as well as meeting the requirements and compliance standards for internal controls over financial reporting.
- Recommending process improvements for the business.
- Liaise with external auditors as required during the course of C-SOX compliance.
- Map sources of risk to possible errors in the financial statements
- Present results of C-SOX compliance to management ensuring issues and risks are clearly documented.
- Provide guidance on internal control design to management and follow-up on control deficiencies ensuring appropriate remediation.
- Prepare concise and well written reports and working papers that clearly explain risks, issues, recommendations and management action plans.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all leaders.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- An accounting designation (CPA-CA) with 2+ years post designation experience. Experience working with ICFR, preferably in a C-SOX and/or an internal audit role;
- Process improvement experience;
- Certified Internal Auditor considered an asset; and
- Understanding of controls related to IT and databases considered an asset.
- Business analytical skills including process mapping, process improvement and root cause analysis;
- Understanding of COSO internal control framework;
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and meet deadlines;
- Written and verbal communication skills for report writing and presentations;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Products (Word, Visio, Excel) and;
- A strong ability to build relationships and gain respect with all interactions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://stepenergyservices.startdate.ca/#/career/info/public/598b67f8bad605b615be29c3 →