TransCanada’s Enterprise IT Services (EITS) team is responsible for the design, development and support of the business processes enabled through our portfolio of SAP application and enterprise cloud service solutions. The EITS team collaborates with its business partners to align systems configuration and functionality with business processes that help TransCanada deliver on its growth strategy. They identify systems configuration impacts across business processes, provide solutions to meet stakeholder requirements and recommend optimization/ investment priorities for consideration by business process owners. The EITS IS Construction and Maintenance Systems team also provides user support for the functional areas of Projects, Operations, Quality Management, Supply Chain, Regulatory Compliance, and Health, Safety & Environment. As a member of the EITS team, this position reports to the EITS Manager.
- Coordinates incidents to resolution through the ServiceNow application;
- Provides end user support and guidance for SAP and related applications;
- Performs and coordinates unit, integration and acceptance tests;
- Supports both on-going projects and production support;
- Training content development, material review, support and logistics;
- Works closely with the business, IS infrastructure, 3rd party vendors and the business in supporting non SAP application issues/upgrades/enhancements;
- Collaborates with the Development Team members in the design and testing of interfaces, enhancements, reports and data conversions in the Development & Quality systems and implements them in Production;
- Analyzes processes and drives recommendations for changes to support business process improvements;
- Executes small enhancements and contributes to larger projects as well and technology roadmaps;
- Attends meetings with business partners to determine operational business requirements;
- Delivers SAP applications configuration and product knowledge to help support business and project objectives;
- Coordinates and communicates with the change and release team to specify, develop, document, test and manage required changes through to the Production environment;
- Engages with other business teams, development teams, security, reporting, master data, projects and change management teams;
- Data collection, contact and support, data consolidation, data cleansing and validation;
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Demonstrated success in problem identification and resolution;
- Experience in gathering business requirements and in mapping out business processes;
- Strong process and systems thinker who understands interdependencies and can design and refine solutions with these in mind;
- Demonstrated ability to identify the current state situation, design the future state, and manage any gaps in solution delivery
- Functions effectively in an environment where change occurs continuously;
- Ability to build effective relationships with team members, business partners, external vendors, and key stakeholders;
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, using critical thinking to work through complex problems;
- Excellent time management skills to balance competing priorities;
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude;
- Motivated problem solver who is able to work efficiently and effectively under minimal supervision;
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of personnel; from field/operations through to Corporate management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude to learn and become proficient in software applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline is required;
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of relevant working experience is required;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Supply Chain processes and/or supporting Supply Chain is preferred;
- Experience in SAP enterprise and business process experience in any of the operational modules is considered a strong asset (Project System, Environmental Health and Safety, Materials Management, Quality Management or Plant Maintenance);
- Proficient in MS Office Suites (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Understanding and working knowledge of database relationships and the set up Client/Server applications is considered is considered a strong asset;
- Knowledge of SAP’s cloud-based commerce services and direct experience with implementation of Ariba, Fieldglass or both;
- Knowledge of integration to other SAP functional modules is preferred;
- Energy industry SAP implementation and support experience with in a IS organization is preferred.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada’s accommodation policies please contact email@example.com.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 11/17/2017. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 44721. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we’ve had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-IS-Business-Analyst-AB/441527000/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →