Canadian Natural is looking for the best and brightest to take our Central Distribution Center, located in Nisku Alberta, to the next level. The Distribution Center leader is a senior leadership role that is responsible for the operation of the entire facility. The Nisku Central Distribution team manages the inbound transport and international import of all parts required to maintain Canadian Natural’s oil sands, in-situ and conventional operations. Additionally, the warehouse completes the quality inspection, receiving, stocking, picking and shipping of materials to the oil and gas operating sites seven (7) days a week.
You will have experience in working as part of a cross functional team where strong leadership, project management and communication skills are essential. You will have a proven track record in building, developing and growing large scale warehouse operations.
This position is based in Nisku, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
Further your career at a management level by applying your expertise, operational knowledge, and problem solving and leadership skills to:
• Lead and develop the team to deliver unparalleled customer service
• Mentor and manage your team to facilitate their professional development
• Maintain and align team workload, output and process to ensure that team efforts contribute to and align with wider business objectives and practices
• Take the lead on hiring, training and performance management to build and develop your team
• Drive team activity and delegate and distribute workload to align activity with wider business objectives
• Ensure budgetary and scheduling targets are met
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Lead the transportation and logistics teams to collaborate with the Supply Chain team and vendors to plan, evaluate, and execute efficient and cost effective delivery of product in bound to our distribution center
• Direct the planning and cost productivity improvement programs of freight shipping from our distribution centers to our oil and gas operating site locations
• Lead Freight RFP and Rate annual review
• Oversee the day to day operations of transportation and logistics and warehouse operation including, quality control, freight transport, returns, receiving, stocking, shipping materials
• Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product and equipment utilization
• Ensure compliance to inventory reconciliation process; execute loss stocks root cause analysis to reduce shrink and loss; oversee inventory process; manage damage product; maintain accuracy and security of inventory
• Develop warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements and implementing changes
• Improve operational processes and overall efficiencies to maximize operations productivity
• Ensure operations compliance to Canadian Natural Safety Management System through regular audits
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
• Encourages employees to become a safety advocate by engagement in our hazard identification program and safety continuous improvement programs
• Typically 15+ years of related experience in:
o Materials Management
o Transportation and logistics
o Warehouse Manufacturing Operations
• Experience in leading a fast paced, international freight transport, warehousing and distribution environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or other equivalent senior leadership operations management experience
• Management experience within a high-volume distribution center – 100,000 square feet or larger, large manufacturing plant operation or operations management leadership accountable for the management and development of several warehouse/plant operations
• Experience working with the following systems:
o Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
o Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP)
o Warehouse Management System (WMS) Systems
To see related Supply Management and Contracts roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Supply-Management-and-Contracts
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CNRL&cws=1&rid=11059&source=BOE%20Report →