Job Title: Production Engineer
Reports To: Manager, Production North
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
We are currently seeking a Production Engineer. This position will focus on our key Montney assets in NEBC. As a key member of our Production and Asset teams, the successful candidate will work to ensure maximum value for our NEBC assets. The ideal candidate has strong technical skills coupled with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
This full-time, permanent position is based in Calgary and reports to the Manager, Production North. This position offers a great opportunity to join a world class oil and gas producer with a proven strategy, exceptional opportunities and outstanding people.
Work in close collaboration with field operations to ensure well production is safely maximized and potential on every well is realized.
Work with the Facilities group to identify facility optimization projects, including facility debottlenecking, liquids recovery improvement and operating cost reduction.
Ensure Operating Cost analysis is completed for the field and identify wells that are uneconomic under current operating conditions and assess for shut-in or intervention to improve economics.
Work with the Asset team to research, evaluate and recommend recompletion/workover candidates, focusing on inactive wells to maximize the company’s oil and natural gas production.
Monitor and complete surveillance on weekly production from facilities.
Identify wells/facilities/pipelines that require intervention where production is not maximized.
Understand variances on weekly field operations production report.
Collaborate with the asset team to generate forecast reports and explain variances to budget.
Ensure annual well reviews take place and review well production data in advance of these meetings.
Provide technical support and mentorship to Field Production Engineers and field operations.
Ensure fluid levels and other well surveillance are completed in accordance with area strategy.
Develop workover programs in accordance with company policies.
Continuously consider and evaluate new production technology, including downhole, surface equipment and chemicals.
Monitor netbacks and propose projects to increase value such as hydrocarbon blending, SWB/Pipeline Analysis, and gas quality penalty analysis. Review and evaluate projects and work collaboratively with Marketing and Field Operations to maximize success.
The ideal candidates will have 10+ years of Western Canadian oil and gas experience with a technical focus and field experience is preferred. Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential.
Specifically, we require:
- Production Engineering experience with knowledge on production surveillance and optimization, decline analysis and a good understanding of oil and gas processing facilities.
- Subsurface operations experience and the ability to write and implement programs for subsurface operations, safely and efficiently.
- Surface operations experience is beneficial. This includes knowledge of gas processing facilities, oil batteries, pumping systems, compressors and pipelines.
- Good knowledge and experience in designing different types of artificial lift systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Exceptional organization, analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent business acumen and knowledge of economic indicators is an asset.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines for good production practice and measurement in British Columbia and Alberta is an asset.
Closing Date: November 30th, 2017
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://arcresources.hgcareers.com/en/js/viewjob.php?jobID=835 →