Working with the Supply Chain Intelligence & Analytics (SCIA) team in the broader Supply Chain (SC) Enablement team, the Senior SC Analyst will be contributing meaningful insights and analytics to help shape SC strategies for the acquisition of services and supplies under Category Management, Major Projects and Operations across North America.
The Senior SC Analyst will be responsible to:
- conduct thorough and continuous research, analysis and analytics on variety of subjects including historic spend, known demand, forecasted spend, construction trends, labour market trends, economic trends, commodity market trends, supply market trends, supply chain risks and opportunities, supply market trends, supplier market trends, oil & gas broader market, mid-stream market, etc.;
- monitor economic and market condition to help develop strategies that influence the timing and tactics for the procurement of key goods and services;
- connect historical spend, forecasted spend, market intelligence and develop recommendations as inputs to SC strategy development;
- create reports and presentations to meet the requirements of variety of audiences;
- present the findings through presentations, education sessions and webinars to a broad range of audiences;
- demonstrate value addition to the SC acquisition process by consistently providing relevant, timely and meaningful analytics and insights;
- maintain ties to appropriate industry groups and conduct ongoing research of industry benchmarks;
- evaluate and manage subscriptions to various sources of information.
Qualifications and Education/Experience
The Senior SC Analyst will be able to:
- demonstrate business acumen;
- sift through information available from a broad range of sources and find all relevant information;
- connect scattered pieces of information and create value-adding insight(s);
- identify trend(s) from the information;
- data analytics;
- computing, analytics and report writing;
- experience in using variety of tools and methods to obtain and analyze information and perform analytics;
- using a variety of methods to present and communicate appropriately the information, analysis and analytics to audiences at all levels within the organization;
- proficiency with MS Office products specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access;
- strong sense of self-accountability;
- consistently meet agreed upon deliverable standards including quality and timelines;
- experience in continuous improvement and eliminating non-value added activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Management Analytics.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in conducting market, economic, supplier research and data analytics, preferably in a resource-based industry.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact [email protected].
Please apply to this posting by 04/30/2017. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 32941. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-Senior-Supply-Chain-Analyst-AB/401947800/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →