STUDENT CO-OP/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: One position, 16-month term, starting May 2018.
TransCanada is currently looking for a qualified student to fill the role of System Design Engineering Internship Student in the Customer Solutions team within the Commercial Services, Optimization and Design organization. The successful candidate will fill a critical role on the Customer Solutions team, one of several groups within the System Design department. Working closely with other technical staff, the candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities associated with system capacity. The position provides exposure to both technical and business issues.
- Daily analyses of contract volume transfers on receipt and delivery laterals including: determination of available pipeline capacities (laterals) using a hydraulic simulator, determination of available metering capacity and resolving technical issues;
- Respond to Information Requests for TransCanada customers including: operational meter station and pipeline capacity assessments based on minimum and maximum pressure assumptions and other capacity criteria;
- Development and review of measurement statistics, procedures and work instructions;
- Compilation of monthly transfer request statistics;
- Assist with new meter station projects, upgrades, sour gas conversions, producer tie-ins and taps.
Qualifications and Education
- Must be enrolled in a co-op/internship program at a recognized post-secondary institution over the entire duration of the work term;
- Well-developed analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply technical software (i.e. hydraulic simulation);
- Good problem solving and time management skills;
- A strong team player demonstrating a high level of cooperation, sharing of tasks and training;
- Knowledge and/or experience in the natural gas industry is considered an asset;
- Demonstrates initiative in coordinating and contributing to process enhancements.
- Completion of 3rd year of an Engineering degree program with a preference for students in Mechanical or Chemical/Process Engineering disciplines;
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio (or similar spreadsheet, database and email software).
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 11/20/2017. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 44541. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-System-Design-Engineering-Internship-Student-AB/442203000/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →