Zedi Inc. is a leading oil and gas technology and services company in the field of production operations.
Zedi helps the world’s oil and gas producers be more productive, more profitable, and more sustainable. Through technology backed by expert consultation and services, we help our customers realize their production potential. Our 60 years of continuous operations in North America and recognition as one of the industry’s best workplaces, sets us apart in the production operations landscape. With our unique combination of award-winning automation, data management, and field and professional services, we offer complete solutions for the challenges our customers encounter.
Zedi is seeking a Customer Solutions Engineer to join our innovative team. This role has direct involvement with the end-to-end design of SCADA automation systems in Canadian and international markets. The ideal candidate will have a BSc. and a minimum of four years’ in this field along with a work ethic that aligns with Zedi’s Core Values –
- Deliver on our promises
- Reward creative teamwork
- Communicate with clarity
- Growth through innovation
- End-to-end design of SCADA automation systems for Oil & Gas well sites, batteries and plant facilities in the Canadian and International markets.
- Generation, Review and Approval of Technical Drawings (P&ID, electrical panel IFC drawings, network architectures, system block diagrams, etc).
- Creating Bills of Materials (BOMs), Rough Orders of Magnitude (ROMs) and formal proposals
- Creating, reviewing and approving engineering documentation such as FEED (Front-End Engineer and Design) Studies, Standard Operating Procedures, Acceptance Tests and Scopes of Work.
Commissioning and Acceptance Testing various RTUs, PLCs and automation solutions back to Zedi’s web-based HMI interface, Zedi Access.
- Interfacing with customer management, operations, engineering and field teams during design review and project status meetings.
- Providing Tier 3 technical support to internal and external customers.
- Performing Technical Sales Support for existing and new clients with the Zedi Business Development Team.
- Delivering corporate and technical presentations to clients and potential partners
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- BSc. in Engineering, Engineering Technologist or equivalent (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Petroleum preferred)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Experience with SCADA/Automation systems and Field Instrumentation
- Experience with Ethernet, Radio, Cellular, and Satellite communication
- Knowledge of communication protocols and complex networking
- Proficient with Microsoft operating systems and program suites
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Able to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Responsible and capable of seeing tasks through to completion
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Project Coordination
- Experience with programming languages such as Assembly, C, C++, Visual Basic, Ladder Logic
- Knowledge of safety regulations, the electrical codes and regulatory production guidelines
- Experience with SCADA software such ROCLink 800, Telepace, WinCCU, AutoSol
- Oil and Gas + SCADA/Automation field experience
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://usr53.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/zedi/Posting/View/464 →