Vertex is currently accepting applications for fulltime Class 1 Drivers in Kola, Manitoba. Preferred candidates will have experience hauling fluids with tank trucks, however we are open to training class 1 drivers with a valid license and successful completion of drivers training.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license with a clean driver abstract
- Must have 2 years’ experience driving tank trucks (fluid hauling) desired
- Must possess the following safety tickets, but not limited to; First Aid/CPR, Construction Safety Training (CSTS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and H2S Alive
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance and safe work practices
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Must be capable of performing physical duties (lifting, bending, climbing, kneeling, crouching)
- Available to accept after hour calls when requested
- Strong reliability and integrity
- Ensure proper loading and unloading of cargo; adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of company equipment.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, Health and Safety procedures, Department of Transportation and Hazardous Materials/Waste requirements and regulations.
- Complete daily scheduled deliveries and services in a timely manner.
- Highest attention towards customer and client satisfaction by providing excellent service always.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork and documentation properly within set time lines; this includes daily logs, dispatch and trip reports, demurrage and time sheets.
- Follow all local, provincial and federal compliance regulations and rules.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections, follow company policies and procedures for routine maintenance, perform general housekeeping to ensure units are operating properly and report any inefficiency to Supervisor.
- Safely observe all company operating guidelines and procedures.
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines.
- This position will be based out of Kola, Manitoba
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- Health and dental benefit packages
- Accommodations available
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*