Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 300-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Looking to escape the city and return to your rural roots?
Tundra has a new opportunity for a Construction Coordinator based out of our Virden, Manitoba location. 3 hours west of Winnipeg and 40 minutes east of Saskatchewan. Note, this is a field focused position.
As a member of the Facilities and Construction group, the Construction Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that construction projects are planned and executed safely, on time and on budget. This role will be charged with working with project teams to lead and deliver on the construction stage of our projects, assistance with scoping and design, estimating, mobilizing resources, materials, tools and equipment required to erect and install project components according to comprehensive construction plans and objectives.
Reporting to the Facilities and Construction Manager, some specific duties and responsibilities of the Construction Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
· Provide construction expertise, not only at the construction stage, but coordinate with the developers in scoping, drafting & design, estimation, and the operations team through commissioning and transition
· Ensure the necessary and appropriate construction standards, policy and procedures are in place and followed
· Lead, mobilize and manage construction resources, including 3rd party contractors and service providers, when appropriate
· Work closely with key contractors during the estimating, draft & design, construction and commissioning of projects
· Assess, evaluate and resolve construction related challenges that may arise during project concept, construction and commissioning stages
· Provide key leadership in the areas of environment, health and safety, ensuring these are top of mind for all staff and contractors
· Be prepared to apply rigor and discipline to employing construction standards and seeking to incorporate lessons learned through execution
· Develop, establish and communicate standards and protocol with respect to tools, equipment and process during construction
· Coordinate closely with other technical teams, operations groups and corporate support departments.
· Monitor construction activities, make recommendations for improvements, and take corrective actions as appropriate
· Be prepared to report against milestones on a frequent basis
· Review and provide input on policies and procedures governing project management, project controls, engineering and procurement that impact construction activities
· Other related duties as required
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
· Technical diploma or trades related experience is required
· 10 years of construction related experience
· 5 years of experience leading/supervising construction teams, involving multiple trades and construction disciplines
· Strong people management capabilities coupled with conflict resolution strengths
· Highly motivated, coupled with strong communication, organizational and project management skills
· Proven track record of successful project construction completion on time and on budget, often exceeding expectations
· Knowledgeable in all aspects of construction, including civil, foundations, buildings, piping, mechanical equipment, electrical, instrumentation, and safety
· Position requires that the majority of the time be spent in the office. Field visits to project sites are required prior, during and for commissioning project
· Must be willing to work additional hours, when necessary
Additional Training Requirements
· AutoCAD Training
· CSA Z662 Pipeline System Essentials Course
· CSA B51 / ASME 31.3 Process Piping Course
· Project Management course
· Excel training
Knowledge of & Willingness to achieve certificates in
· Defensive Driving
· Arc Flash Training
· Ground Disturbance
· Confined Space
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com to submit your cover letter and resume along with your salary expectations by end of day July 4th, 2022.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.