Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time Senior Environmental Technician in Carlsbad, New Mexico supporting the Permian Operation. The successful candidate must have exceptional organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate and develop rapport with colleagues and stakeholders. The Senior Technician will be responsible for executing oil and gas and industrial projects in accordance with Vertex guidelines and project scopes. Ideal candidates will possess a strong understanding of spill response and environmental assessments, with at least 4 years of environmental consulting or related experience.
- Diploma or University Degree in environmental science, reclamation, or another related field
- Minimum 7 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop rapport with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and technical reporting skills
- Strong Emergency spill response background
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills in the field setting.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Willingness to work in the field for extended periods of time; willingness to travel.
- Environmental experience within the Oil and Gas, Energy, and Infrastructure industries required.
- Experience within Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas are considered an asset.
- Communicate effectively with project manager regarding field activities and changing conditions.
- Adhere to project-specific budgets in alignment with each project’s unique scope and strategy.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and coordinate all assigned project field activities, including mobilization, demobilization, manpower requirements, scheduling of equipment, materials, and facilities to ensure work is executed efficiently and effectively.
- Mentor and support junior technical staff.
- Implement and promote Vertex’s and our client’s safety programs.
- Provide regular updates to project manager(s) as it relates to project activities, schedules, and other business conditions/issues
- Working Knowledge of regulations
- Texas RRC
- University Lands
- State Lands
- Bureau of Land Management
- Field Execution of Environmental Projects
- Trimble GPS Utilization
- Soil Sampling Protocols – PID, PetroFlag, Hach Chloride Titration
- Lab Analysis – Chain of Custody
- Water Sampling Protocols
- New Mexico and Texas
- This position will ideally be based out of Carlsbad, New Mexico.
- Relocation will be at the successful candidate’s expense.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety, and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*