Oil and Gas Operational Accounting – Edge Liability Risk Management
Edge Liability Risk Management (“Edge”) is a Regina, Saskatchewan based oil and gas engineering consulting firm and ARO management contractor that has operating subsidiaries that are licensed with multiple jurisdictions to operate oil and gas wells. We have producing assets throughout western Canada, and presently operate oil and gas wells in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Edge requires a talented multitasker to handle traditional oil and gas production accounting/JIBs/receivables/payables for the operating subsidiaries, along with WIP and project coordination for consulting engineering engagements. Duties include:
- Basic bookkeeping and financial statement preparation;
- IFRS compliant financial accounting;
- Oil and gas production accounting and government reporting;
- Oil and gas joint venture accounting and distributions;
- Project coordination and Work-In-Progress tracking for professional billables;
- Ensure that internal controls are effective and operational, and ensure compliance with EPAP and other administrative regulatory requirements;
- Preparation of annual income tax returns;
- Work with Engineering, Operations and Land personnel to provide and maintain the most accurate and relevant data for decision making;
- Actively participate in the development and ongoing execution of Edge’s strategies and objectives;
- Contribute to the team on M&A due diligence and asset integration;
At Edge, we value experience and an ability to contribute effectively in a small engaged team environment. If you have a professional designation, that’s great, but an absence of a designation does not put you out of the running. We place a high value on having a comprehensive and very detailed knowledge of oil and gas accounting at the working level. This position would be ideal for someone who has worked in joint venture accounting or production accounting, and understands the world of working with joint venture partners. However, experience in other professional (accounting, law office), construction or project management environments will be considered. We are Covid-friendly, and on-site attendance flexible. Looking to fill this position in either Regina or Calgary.
If this position looks like it’s a fit for you, please send a resume to email@example.com by February 28, 2021.