Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden, Estevan, and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 325-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra is seeking an Emissions Reduction Technologist for our Virden, Manitoba or Estevan, Saskatchewan office. The incumbent in this role with be eligible to participate in our hybrid work program.
The Emissions Reduction Technologist is a new position with a key business role forward. The position will be responsible to execute Tundra’s Methane Leak Detection and Repair programs, new emissions reduction initiatives, and assist with greenhouse gas reporting. The Emissions Reduction Technologist will have a strong focus forward on materially advancing carbon reduction strategies with specific focus on methane leak detection and repair and new technology in this field.
Reporting to the Sustainability Development Engineer the principal duties and responsibilities of the Emissions Reduction Technologist. are to:
· Co-ordinate Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) program for compliance with Federal Methane Regulations. Work with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering on surveys, repairs, and documentation.
· Progress and evaluate alternative monitoring technology options for methane
· Review proposed legislation coming into force in years forward for additional methane monitoring requirements, propose trials, scope of work changes, and budget costs for years forward
· Routinely check gas measurement at all TOG facilities to support CO2e emissions and carbon tax management.
· Assist with data inputs and preparation of Saskatchewan Upstream Oil and Gas Aggregate Facility filing working with 3rd Party Audit and Verification companies.
· Assist with data inputs and preparation of Manitoba Federal Output Based Pricing System reporting working with 3rd Party Audit and Verification companies.
· Assist with data inputs and preparation of carbon tax remittance plans working with Controller and Director of Taxation.
· Assist in reporting requirements for Natural Resources Canada Emission Reduction Fund
· Assist in reporting requirement for Environment & Climate Change Canada’s Decarbonization Incentive Program
· Assist in progressing projects to reduce TOG Non-Marketable Natural Gas volumes, Carbon Taxes, and emissions.
· Perform additional assignments as per supervisor’s direction
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies and be able to meet the travel requirements associated with this role:
· Post Secondary education is preferred but not essential
· Familiarity with Tundra operations is an asset
· Understanding of gas production, composition, and measurement.
· Strong Project Management skills.
· Ability to coordinate and execute projects with many functional groups.
· Candidate will enjoy contributing to high performance multifunctional teams in a highly collaborative manner and will thrive by building strong relationships.
· Ability to work in an evolving landscape, comfortable with change, and quick re-alignment to potential regulatory changes and opportunities to advance Tundra’s emissions reduction program.
· Ability to effectively work with multiple functional groups on common projects
· Proven track record managing complex issues.
· Ability to trial new technology, gather feedback from groups involved, and evaluate performance from trials to make recommendations for expansion or alternate trials
· Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multitask role, managing multiple priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
· Ability to build and improve effective internal working relationships at all levels in order to secure best solutions.
· Demonstrate ability to lead change by embracing new and different approaches.
· Highly developed oral and written communications skills.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and organization skills and keen attention to detail is a requirement.
· Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Tundra’s Safety Policy.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com to submit your cover letter and resume along with your salary expectations by end of day, February 26, 2023.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.