Instrumentation Journeyman Summary Strike’s instrumentation Journeymen are integral support members of the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Team. The E&I team works on local projects as well as site projects located in Western Canada. Key Responsibilities
- Work with a variety of pneumatic and electronic instruments to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, composition.
- Test accuracy of flowmeters, pressure gages, temperature indicators, controllers, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
- Calibrate, repair, maintain and adjust system components, and install and maintain instruments on new or existing equipment.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Assist in estimating as required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Extensive experience in the construction, repair, and alteration of instrument tubing in accordance with ABSA standards
- Must have successfully completed the Swagelok Installation training course
- Tubing experience and knowledge is required
- Ability to travel across Alberta for work as required
- Posses a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong commissioning skills & experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to successfully pass an alcohol & drug test
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, recognition and service awards, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.