Accountant – CNGP Financial Services (Capital Accounting)
Reference Code: 104605
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/24/2022
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, innovation, responsibility, collaboration and integrity, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
This position reports to the Manager – Cost, Capital, Projects within the Canadian Natural Gas Pipeline (CNGP) Financial Services team, with working-level supervision provided by the Team Lead – CNGP Financial Services (Capital Accounting).
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for maintaining, analyzing, and reporting on the capital asset records of our Canadian natural gas pipeline systems (primarily the NGTL System and the Foothills System).
If you are an analytical problem-solver who is driven by continuous improvement, adept at working with and analyzing large volumes of data, values collaboration, and is energized by delivering exemplary customer service, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the primary contact for capital accounting matters
- Monitor capital projects and perform month-end close in PowerPlan
- Prepare monthly rate base and forecast models, along with other related materials to support regulatory filings
- Prepare monthly capital asset journal entries, financial reports, reconciliations, and analysis
- Understand and effectively communicate capital accounting policies
- Respond to audit queries and other requests for information
- Coordinate lease accounting processes for land/operating groups
- Proactively identify and assist in resolution of capital accounting issues
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Designated Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), or working towards designation may be considered
- 4+ years of progressive accounting-related experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, with ability to efficiently manipulate large volumes of data
- Strong organizational, analysis and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, self-motivated and drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities and minimal supervision
- Proven team player, successful in developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Experience working with PowerPlan and SAP
- Knowledge of Rate Regulated Accounting and/or U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Power Query, Power Automate, Power BI would be considered an asset
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/24/2022 using reference code 104605. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.