The Administrator, Accounts Payable handles vendor invoices, payments, and data. Responsibilities include managing vendor payments and payment terms, priority vendors, vendor and field inquiries, payment runs, and ongoing data entry. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
- Follow corporate standards and deadlines for accounts payable
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Escalate issues to the Accountant and or Accounting Manager as required
- Central point for troubleshooting accounts payable issues
- Analyze and file scanned employee expense reports, bring any discrepancies to the Accountant or Accounting Manager
- Prepare and manage weekly cheque payment runs, including vendor payments and “manual” or one-off cheques
- Prepare and manage bi-weekly EFT payment runs, including ISPs and Employees payments and rejected payments
- Reconcile fuel statements weekly and distribute to business units
- Generate and reconcile Mastercard Statements monthly and distribute to business units
- Keep accurate data by ensuring invoices are properly entered for payment
- Monitor consistency of data inputs from field – focusing on invoice numbers to help avoid duplicate payments
- Ensure all electronic and printed vendor records are accurate and up-to-date, including accounts payable lists, general ledger, and vendor files
- Deposit cheques as needed
- Related diploma or bachelor’s degree (ie business administration, accounting, commerce) preferred
- Three to five years relevant experience in a full cycle Accounts Payable role
- Oil and gas construction industry experience is considered an asset
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications, preferably Dynamics AX
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to meet expectations set with internal and external clients
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Possesses an eye for detail related to data consistency, accuracy of entry with a focus on avoiding duplicate payments
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.