Reporting to the Lead, Transaction Accountant, the Accounts Payable Analyst will be responsible for Accounts Payable duties in an effective, efficient and accurate manner.
This position is based in the Calgary Head Office.
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and detail orientation in all tasks.
- Work independently, with good time management skills.
- Follow the established protocol for ensuring invoices and employee expense claims are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure invoices are processed accurately and adhere to company policy and local tax regulations.
- Identify problematic invoices or expense claims and take the necessary steps to resolve.
- Reconcile vendor statement to deliveries, and review vendor statements for aged items.
- Ensure good working relationship with vendors, and acknowledge any queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate internally to ensure the important issues or information is resolved and delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist with contract and PO close out, internal and external audit requests as required.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly accounts reconciliation and submit to team lead for review and sign off.
- Prepare year-end related party reports and submit to team lead for review.
- Process payment run and back up for accounts receivables.
- Manage Accounts Payable mailbox.
- Assist with uploading and parking invoices and expense claims.
- Continuously improve accounting processes and tools.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years Accounting/Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of Oilsands and/or natural gas business considered an asset
- SAP experience preferred
- Excellent data entry skills
- Intermediate level Excel knowledge
- Confident, detail orientated and enthusiastic team player
- Superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment
- Effective and efficient problem solving; thoughtful, proactive, creative
- Adoption and demonstration of PetroChina Canada Values (Honorable, Unified, Passionate, Accountable)
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.