Trican Well Service Ltd.
TRICAN is Canada’s largest well service company built upon a foundation of solid corporate values and a culture of innovation. At Trican, we believe success begins with our people, as our name and reputation are reflected in the excellence demonstrated by our employees.
If you are a motivated, service-oriented team player with excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills, we invite you to explore this opportunity at Trican.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE TEAM LEAD – CALGARY (CAT)
Reporting to the Controller – Operations, the Accounts Payable Team Lead will lead a team of five AP Analysts responsible for processing invoices and accounts payable transactions. The Team Lead will oversee all aspects of the accounts payable process and ensure accurate and timely payment and recording of vendor invoices.
- Ensure that Trican’s core value, “We won’t put anyone in harm’s way” is the priority in all activities
- Manage a team of 5 AP Analysts
- Respond to stakeholder and vendor queries on a timely basis and resolve any issues outstanding
- Map and troubleshoot invoices within our OCR system (Docuphase), investigate any issues that arise with IT
- Ensure month end deadlines are met and accruals are prepared on timely basis
- Review and help prepare weekly payment batches
- Purchase USD to cover any foreign currency payments needed through Bloomberg
- Participate in ongoing finance improvement projects, including purchase order improvement systems
- Identify opportunities for improvement and bring them to the supervisor’s attention
- Interact with members of the accounting group and other departments to resolve issues and conduct other ad hoc projects relating to Accounts Payable
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable and 2 years in a supervisory role
- Well-developed managerial skills with experience managing a medium sized team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Completion of an accounting diploma or degree is preferred
- Experience working in a public company with a high volume of transactions is preferred
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas Service industry an asset
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills in addition with familiarity of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Microsoft NAV, Avantis or Docuphase an asset
What Makes Us Attractive:
- Values-driven organization
- Onsite gym exclusive to Trican employees
- Community involvement through sponsorship of local events
- Inclusive Social Club offering a variety of activities
- Demonstrated commitment to an equitable and inclusive workforce driven by our Diversity & Inclusion Philosophy and our Indigenous Peoples Policy
- Focus on safety, training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Regular office hours, Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- No remote option, this position is an on-site role
How To Apply:
- Website: www.TricanWellService.com
To apply for this job please visit tricanwellservice.startdate.ca.