Requisition Id: 25186
Department: A&D Land Administration Area
Pembina External Affairs Service Unit brings together Land, Communications, Regulatory, Environment and Government Relations to provide essential services to projects and to ongoing Pembina business. This group effectively supports projects, operations and maintenance across all Business Units, while ensuring proper governance and controls are in place. We are currently recruiting for a Sr Analyst, Land A&D, to join our team. This position will report to the Supervisor, Land A&D and Third Parties.
The Sr Analyst, Land A&D will be responsible for coordinating the activities related to surface land A&D projects, maintaining and ensuring land asset record integrity and provide strategic advice to enable increased efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Analyze, research and prepare surface documentation (Land schedules, closing documents and agendas) relating to acquisitions and divestitures for properties in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and the US;
- Analyze and resolve any discrepancies and post-close deficiencies that arise with acquisitions and divestitures;
- Update land system to reflect A&D transactions, ongoing changes to land and asset ownership;
- General administration of existing surface land files including landowner assignments, file analysis, onboard and vendor maintenance;
- Review Title Opinions for deficiencies and rectification;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support and respond to land inquiries and communicate any land requirements;
- Provide mentorship and direction when required to junior analysts and/or contractors;
- Ensure protection of Pembina’s interests regarding surface and mineral rights and that contract obligations are met;
- Work with the Land Department to monitor performance standards, balance workloads and maintain internal reporting;
- Provide support to Land Leadership as needed; and
- Participate and support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
- Completion of a Petroleum Land Administration Certificate or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 12+ years of Surface Land experience with related A&D experience in both crown and freehold lands;
- Proficient with CS Land, Energylink, Microsoft Office, OneStop, Kermit, AbaData, Land Titles for jurisdictions mentioned above, ISC, Alberta Crown – ETS;
- Strong knowledge of due diligence and conveyance procedures;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and to adapt to fast-changing environment while thriving under pressure and delivering high-quality results;
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to apply sound business judgment, strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A team player with a strong work ethic, able to work independently and provide quality of service;
- Self-starter who directs own efforts based on high-level business objectives; and
- Willingness to share knowledge and make effort to improve the effectiveness of the team.
We offer competitive compensation; including base plus incentive bonus, pension & savings plans, health benefits, employee development programs to support personal development and career progression and, a hybrid work arrangement, in an environment that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.