We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy’s Operations Services team is seeking a driven Administrative Assistant who is passionate, a self-starter and has knowledge and experience in managing budgets, rolling action item lists (RAIL), and reporting on a regular basis.
This role will report to the Director, Operations Services within the Canada Gas department and will support a team of seven managers and approximately 150 core and contract positions. Located in Calgary, you will be contributing to the success of the team by proactively anticipating and responding to the administrative and logistical needs of the Director, Managers and fellow team personnel, enabling them to focus on their core accountabilities.
What you’ll do
- Manage complex administrative tasks such as documents, weekly reports, data/information analyses and PowerPoint presentations for internal and external audiences
- Responsible for all administrative tasks including taking meeting minutes, document formatting and editing, creating and managing SharePoint sites, filing systems and timesheets for Director and the department as required
- Provide support and execute on various systems and processes including travel, timesheets, organizational changes, training, compliance, offsite events and general office planning
- Professionally managing highly confidential and sensitive information such as salaries, budgets and other Company data/information
- Manage the Director’s calendars which includes coordinating meeting logistics, booking rooms, AV support, catering, etc.
- Preparation and analysis of department budgets as well as managing invoicing and various expense reports
- Provide direct administrative support to the Director, as well as the management team in addition to general support for the department when required
- Keep abreast of the organizational and department changes and provide updates as required
- Onboarding logistics of core employees, contractors and summer students
- Demonstrate considerable autonomy and judgment in coordinating and adjusting leaders’ priorities, work plans, schedules, and business travel
- Create requisitions, process vendor invoices, create/maintain work orders and schedules
- Prepare data/information analysis, scorecards, and correspondence
- Other tasks and projects as required
- Completed high school diploma (or equivalent) from a recognized institution is a requirement
- Diploma or Certificate in Administration from a recognized institution is an asset
- A minimum of six (6+) or more years of progressive administrative experience is required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Well-developed organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and circumstances
- Energetic individual who is a self-starter, has a willingness to help the team and an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with stakeholders at multiple levels
- Ability to exercise initiative and prioritize work to maximize efficiency
- Ability to work with a high discretion of confidentiality
- Knowledge of SAP is considered an asset
- Knowledge working with SuccessFactors or an applicant tracking system as well as experience onboarding new hires and contractors is considered an asset
- Previous experience working in the energy industry
- Passionate about taking on new challenges, solving problems, helping teammates and sharing priorities/ assignments as needed
- Exercise judgment and capacity to work collaboratively with others in a team setting
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and the capability to manage information and data
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills in dealing with competing demands
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to forecast and interpret information to provide proactive solutions
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage tight deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 12/18/2019 using reference code 62206. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.