ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, NORTH GAS OPERATIONS
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the AltaGas North Gas Maintenance Superintendent, this Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the proficient and seamless operation of the Fort St John office. The individual will provide administrative support to the North Gas Operations facilities. (North Pine and Blair Creek).
What you’ll be doing:
- Safety – Coordinating meetings, forwarding minutes, coordinating courses, forwarding tickets, following up with employee / contractor certifications, monthly incident log, creating work orders from Haz ID’s and Incidents
- Purchasing – Creating requisitions, submitting change orders, blanket PO’s, receiving items, following up on approvals
- Expense / P-Card Reports – Coding, compiling receipts, submitting for yourself and others if applicable
- Cost Tracking – Tracking PO costs, invoices, P-Card transactions, monthly accruals
- Retrieving mail, courier, picking up materials/supplies, lunches, etc.
- Microsoft Office expertise and assistance
- Distribution of information to facilities employees
- Cross-training for Administrative duties to provide vacation coverage in the NW Alberta Facilities
- Employee coordination and communication
- Formatting of letters, memos, spreadsheets
- Order safety clothing and office supplies as required
- Coordinate with IT for internal issues, phone and computer replacements
What you must have:
- Minimum grade 12 education; some post-secondary training considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license required
- Microsoft Office program training
- Office Administration and customer service experience
- Excellent computer & customer skills
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located at our office in Fort St John, BC. AltaGas has a number of operations in the Fort St. John, British Columbia area including North Pine. This role will support the administration for those facilities. With a population of 21,000 and growing, Fort St. John is the largest city in Northeastern BC. Fort St. John is not only the largest city in the Northeast Region of BC; it is also the largest city in British Columbia situated along the world-famous Alaska Highway.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.