POSITION SUMMARY – ADMINISTRATOR, PAYROLL & ACCOUNTING Based out of the Red Deer office location the Administrator, Payroll & Accounting provides ongoing support to the payroll manager and controller, as well as necessary assistance to the human resources department. Responsibilities include processing payroll, updating and maintaining payroll spreadsheets, managing internal and external payroll, and accounting related inquiries, inputting AP and processing payments, creating customer invoices and processing receipts, and other general accounting duties. This will be a 12–18-month maternity leave coverage position. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Process payroll for hourly employees and work directly with human resources and administrators to validate hours between the AX and ADP/SDG systems.
- Enter miscellaneous payroll deductions into ADP/SDG as required.
- Calculate and submit records of employment using ROEweb and ADP ROE Direct.
- Respond to Canada Revenue Agency and Service Canada requests for payroll information.
- Process and maintain garnishments, RRSP deductions, and other remuneration adjustments accurately.
- Prepare and distribute payroll related communications to administrators and employees.
- Enter hourly employees’ timesheets in the AX system.
- Enter rate adjustments and lump sum payments to employees.
- Prepare and submit payroll reports to accounting and management.
- Process special payroll runs or EFT direct files when applicable.
- Work with administrators and employees to help get them set up with payroll web access.
- Provide feedback regarding payroll and accounting activities to ensure effective and efficient processes are in place.
- Collect new employee documentation, maintain employee files and setup employees in SDG.
- Ensure compliance with all financial, legal and administrative requirements.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of payroll related documents (e.g., payroll register, stop payments, reporting) to ensure compliance and audit requirements are satisfied.
- Verify payroll related information (e.g., time sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits, etc.) to ensure accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
- Liaise with employees, administration, management, ADP/SDG, and external callers (ie. CRA, Service Canada, MEP) regarding payroll matters.
- Assist with year-end payroll reconciliations and creation of T4s and T2200s.
- Create and submit a daily priced time ticket to customers, ensuring compliance with contract rates and terms.
- Generate customer invoices and compile necessary invoicing documentation (e.g., statutory declaration, WCB clearance, customer progress certificates).
- Process customer payments and follow up on overdue customer accounts.
- Prepare weekly job cost reports from AX for project managers.
- Enter accounts payable invoices, file invoices and process a weekly cheque run.
- Reconcile vendor statements and respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment.
- Create general journal entries for payroll and bank transactions and prepare a monthly bank reconciliation.
- Other general accounting duties as assigned.
- Related diploma or bachelor’s degree (ie business administration, accounting, commerce) preferred.
- CPA Payroll Practitioner Certificate is considered an asset.
- Minimum two years of accounting and payroll experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Practices discretion with confidential information
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications is required including Dynamics AX, ADP Workforce Now, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Effective and timely communication with management, colleagues, visitors, government agencies/personnel.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Possesses an eye for detail
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.