ADVISOR, ENVIROMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY – HARMATTAN
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Team Lead, Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Midstream, the Advisor, EHS will be responsible for providing continuity between safety practices at the Harmattan facility and the goals of the corporate EH&S requirements. They will act as a link between management and employees/contractors of the Harmattan facility. They will ensure safety training requirements & training competencies of the operations staff is current & that all training material is maintained up to date.
What you’ll be doing:
- Complete Safety onboarding for new plant staff and contingency workers
- Maintain employee safety certification database; coordinate certification courses when applicable
- Achieve Trainer Certification in Safe Start program
- Coordinate and maintain an active role in the Emergency Rescue Team
- Act as Operations Safety Committee Representative; interact with the Safety Committee member on each crew; maintain regular contact with Midstream Division EH&S group
- Coordinate monthly safety meetings (and attend where possible) for operations, maintenance and terminal
- Take part in Incident Report completion
- Maintain indoctrination database
- Prepare procedures; assist in turnaround planning & execution, as it relates to safety
- Provide safety leadership in planning, commissioning and start-up phases of projects
- Ensure training programs are in place for new equipment
- Provide coverage for Regulatory Coordinator
- Assume a senior role for ERP situations as coverage for other members
- Gain experience in regulatory contact for ERP war room activities
- Gain experience as regulatory contact for safety considerations
- Maintain Harmattan required Safety Data Sheets; ensure Safety Data Sheets for manufactured products are current
- Auditing Isolation / Car Seal Programs
- Assist in budget preparation & oversee cost control for safety items
- Assist in project identification and oversee implementation
- Coordinate maintenance requirements, as it relates to safety, with maintenance team
What you must have:
- 5+ years in Oil & Gas Operations/Maintenance or Health & Safety experience
- Experience and competency in direct leadership role or people management required
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma, Certificate or CRSP held or in progress would be an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Experience in coordination and/or development of Emergency Response Plans (ERP) would be considered an asset
- Experience in the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities would be an asset
- Ability to travel (valid class 5 license)
Where you’ll be working:
The Harmattan Gas Processing Complex processes and extracts gas. It is one of the largest gas plants in Alberta and is located 100 kilometres north of Calgary near Sundre Alberta. Harmattan extracts NGLs from the raw natural gas delivered for processing, fractionates the recovered NGLs into specification ethane, propane, butane and condensate, and provides storage and terminalling services for each product. To learn more visit the Harmattan Gas Processing Complex.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.