ANALYST, ENTERPRISE REPORTING
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to Manager, Enterprise Reporting, this position provides Management and the Board of Directors with accurate and timely analysis of the company’s actual and forecasted results. This allows them to make sound decisions based on data. The position also provides analysis based on actual and forecasted results to other customers as needed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare the Consolidated Outlook Report (monthly), including liaising with Power, Utilities, Midstream to consolidate their forecasts
- Prepare the ALA and ASUS Board of Directors quarterly Financial and Operating Overview
- Complete ad hoc analysis for various groups within AltaGas, including Treasury and Investor Relations
- Prepare and send out daily reports on AltaGas operational metrics
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or a related field
- CPA designation
- Very strong analytical abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an intrinsic curiosity regarding underlying business drivers
- Ability to understand complex business issues and present issues in a logical and concise manner
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Very proficient in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial modelling and consolidated reporting
- Working with a public energy company, including in-depth knowledge and understanding of tax, treasury and accounting functions
- Forecasting and budgeting of a large scale organization
- Creating Board of Director or Executive level presentation material
- Experience working with JDE, Hyperion, Workiva, and Power BI will be considered an asset
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.