ANALYST, MARKET RISK
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy. (“https://contactmonkey.com/api/v1/tracker?cm_session=ef0c6533-a0fa-4e38-8f75-48ad2638776a&cm_type=link&cm_link=537a3485-3edd-47f5-b2c3-9bee53e99b91&cm_destination=https://www.altagas.ca/about/overview-altagas“)
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Manager, Market Risk this position is responsible for developing enhanced measurement of market exposures, prices, and overall risk for AltaGas’ portfolio of commodity transactions and enhancing the existing reporting to encompass our growing business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working collaboratively with Front, Middle, and Back office to ensure accurate valuation and reporting of transactions
- Hands-on approach to Commodity Risk, taking a lead role in developing price models and price validation tools for commodity markets across North America
- Analyzing internal and external market data and creating concise explanatory visuals and presentations
- Collecting and analyzing data to support valuation models for prospective transactions
- Developing tools to reconcile AltaGas’ commodity transaction exposure, position, and P&L
- Ad hoc projects relating to AltaGas’ commodity transactions and prospective transactions
- Utilizing analytical tools to assess future commodity risks
- Creating and documenting commodity transaction valuation models
- Explaining commodity market movements and drivers
- Working within ETRM systems or other transactional data systems
What you must have:
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline like Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or Engineering
- One to three years of experience in a Front or Middle Office role dealing in NGL, Crude Oil or Natural Gas markets
- Solid understanding of energy commodity markets (particularly NGL and Crude Oil), commodity pricing, mark-to-market and price exposures
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate as part of a team, while managing a volatile workload
- Advanced skills in Excel and other business applications such as Power BI
- Ability to effectively query SQL databases to extract required information
- Experience with high-level programming languages (Java, C#, Python, etc.) is an asset
- Experience with Allegro software is an asset
Where you’ll be working:
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.