Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Team Lead, Measurement, this role is responsible for providing and maintaining data requirements used for production accounting, ensuring all applicable measurement information is accurate, current and following the standards and practices of AltaGas Operations Management System requirements, in conjunction with government compliance requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create/maintain/update all data managed in the Measurement Validation Software including but limited to: meter data changes, analysis, calibration, volume records, data mapping etc. in a timely and accurate fashion for assigned properties
- Validate and review calibration reports ensuring accuracy and completeness. Escalate items back to field/calibration designates as required
- Respond to customer queries and process data requests
- Provide custom/ad-hoc reporting to internal and external parties as requested
- Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly department activities
- Gather, send and/or upload required Measurement volumetric data for data consumers
- Maintaining and supporting Measurement actives to align with Midstream Measurement Program standards and procedures
- Provide notifications on delinquent samples and calibrations for applicable accounting and operational meters to ensure compliance with AltaGas’ Measurement Program. Escalate to applicable groups (OA’s, engineers, external customers) as required
- Act as Zedi Access Administrator – handle user requests, organize/maintain well tree, provide training to new users (as required), validate commissioned/decommissioned meters. Identify and escalate EFM communication/EFM alarming issues
- Perform monthly close processes to Production Accounting and ensure all checks are completed and verified (volume and analysis data where applicable, in a timely manner)
- Gather, validate, input and review sample compositions – escalate to applicable internal/ external parties when required
- Perform system testing/projects/facility measurement reviews as required. Cross-train team members on system enhancements, updates, changes and amendments to existing or new processes
- Provide support to EPAP testing and reporting – collect data for audit, remediation actions as required
What you must have:
- 2-4 years of oil and gas industry knowledge/experience in relation gas / liquid measurement and/or production accounting.
- 2-4 years of experience using measurement/ accounting software’s or field data capture systems (i.e. Quorum, Zedi, Pi etc)
- Knowledge/understanding of government oil and gas regulations (Alberta (AER), Saskatchewan (MER), British Columbia (OGC) etc.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, able to solve problems and find solutions to meet department needs
- Aptitude to learn and become effective with various softwares in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of EPAP, Liquid Measurement, Truck, Rail is considered an asset
- Proficiency with Excel, Power Point, and data visualization tools such as Power Bi
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.