ANALYST, RISK – CONFIRMATIONS
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Manager, Risk Compliance and Contracts, the Risk Analyst – Confirmations is responsible for supporting the energy trading confirmations process and identifying and implementing strategies to improve and streamline trade compliance processes. They will drive compliance, while ensuring adherence to appropriate controls.
What you’ll be doing:
- Risk Review of transactions in the ETRM system
- Verify that trades are executed accurately and in accordance with approved transaction limits
- Create trade confirmations and send them to counterparties
- Review incoming trade confirmations and research and analyze any discrepancies with counterparties and the AltaGas commercial team
- Collaborative communication with the other Middle Office teams with regards to transactions that may impact their reporting
- Assist in implementation and communication of processes to support Middle Office trade compliance policies
- End of Day processing for commercial representatives
- Provide back up support for other processes such as contracts, reporting and compliance
- Participate in projects and testing functionality of new systems
- Participate in process improvement and documentation activities
- Opportunities for development:
- Contract administration
- New grad training and mentorship
What you must have:
- 2 – 5 years previous experience in the energy industry
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills a necessity with an aptitude to learn new systems
- Experience in working through details of a problem, overcoming obstacles and reaching a positive and successful solution using strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and balance fluctuating workload
- Experience dealing with commercial representatives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with an ETRM software platform is an asset
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.