Vertex is currently recruiting for an Applications Analyst in Calgary, AB. The purpose for this position is to provide analysis and support on internal applications used within the company.
Duties will include software, hardware support, procurement, integrations and various IT Projects and additional duties as required. Vertex has several offices across Western Canada and the United States. Remote support and some travel to various locations is required. This position will report to the IT Manager located in the Sherwood Park office.
• Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in an Intermediate to Senior level Application Analyst role.
• Related Information Technology Degree or Diploma
• Project Management certifications are an asset (in progress or completed)
• Intermediate level knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP DNS, DHCP, VPN).
• Valid Drivers license required for travel and possess a current passport or be able to get one readily.
• Self-starter with a strong desire to succeed at all tasks
• Works well under pressure feels comfortable with following direction and has the ability to balance differing priorities.
• Strong sense of organization and attention to detail
• Ability to perform duties without immediate supervision, to exercise sound judgment, and the ability to communicate with all levels of the staff and the public.
• Experience with Deltek Vision, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, or any GIS related software is a plus.
• Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours in a team environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Provide application support for Calgary offices and other locations.
• Manage and select appropriate software applications for system according to business requirements and ensure achievement of results. This includes collaboration with vendors to ensure achievement of all business objectives.
• Engage with senior management and assist end-users and stakeholders to resolve and lay out required information infrastructure.
• Manage, and coordinate with departments to develop and provide technical reports, training materials, programs, and documentations for end users.
• Administer applications and provide technical expertise in development and execution.
• Organize regular research studies for new technologies and fit them into organization.
• Assist with system check and quality assurance.
• Provide post-implementation support and on-going support measures.
• Investigating, troubleshooting, problem solving, and resolving technical infrastructure related issues and providing second level support including root cause analysis, testing and documentation.
• Assisting co-workers and end-users in troubleshooting and identifying problems.
• Monitoring and analyzing supported services to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
• Reviewing, coordinating and/or executing implementation or maintenance plan updates.
• Following Change Management Procedures when deploying changes to the varying environments.
• Assist with planning or implementation of small to complex projects.
• Provide other IT support duties as required by the Company
• This position will be based out of Calgary, AB with some travel required.
• Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
• A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.