Reference Code: 89001
Location: Canadá (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 08/03/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The successful candidate will work with the Decision Support Systems (DSS) within the US SCADA East & Real Time Systems Canadian team. The team is responsible for the overall integrity of TC Energy’s Decision Support and OSIsoft PI System. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about energy, natural gas and oil pipeline operations. In addition, the candidate will have opportunities to apply his/her knowledge in computer systems in a production environment. The IS US SCADA East & Real Time Systems team is looking for a motivated individual who will help develop and support the DSS/PI systems in a cost‐effective and timely manner.
What you’ll do
- Strategically partner with our BUs and the Technical Center in understanding the game changing outcomes, supporting and enabling strategic objectives by using technology to drive their services to the next level; leading your talented team, deliver these outcomes with new or existing technical capabilities
- Support and upgrade infrastructure including hardware, operating systems, software, and databases
- Develop integrated computer‐based information solutions for business and operation’s processes for the reliable operation of Oil & Canada Gas Pipelines and Power Assets
- Conduct analysis of customer requirements, the production of functional specifications, and the development of a satisfactory information solution (i.e., impacting areas of software, hardware, communications and business processes)
- Address the total solution in terms of communications, data sources, software tools, and integration with existing functions, user interfaces, algorithms, etc.
- Perform testing of all project work in a development environment and be responsible for the safe, reliable implementation of all work in a real‐time production environmen
- Application management consisting of production support, maintenance and new applications implementations; valuate and provide estimates for stakeholder support, service, and development requests
- Work with pipeline operations, engineering, and field personnel to test, tune and trouble‐shoot the real‐time applications
- Support Control Center requests for incident investigation and models for pipeline controller training
- Participate in post‐analysis of a variety of technical problems
- Assist with information gathering and report generation
- Other tasks as required
- This position requires provide 24‐hour support to the pipeline control centers on a rotational on‐call schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering related area
- 2+ years’ experience with programming and application support experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience in support SCADA and Pipeline Control Center Operations
- Experience with MS Windows OS, MS Windows Server OS, MS SQL Server (including SSRS)
- Experience with OSISoft PI and application development
- Knowledge with Git source controls
- Familiarity programming in Java, C#, VB, windows batch script, PowerShell
- Knowledge in Java class path and environment variables
- Knowledge in support and configuration of web server such as IIS, Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge in creating, querying and managing relational databases
- Proficient with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Visio
- Understanding of telecommunications including TCP/IP, IP addressing, firewalls, server‐client architecture, and industrial protocols
- Knowledge of data acquisition from industrial electronic devices
- Able to multitask and deliver results under pressure
- Excellent analytical, investigative, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Self‐motivated and willingness to embark on a steep learning curve
- Good communication skills, works well in a team environment
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 08/03/2021 using reference code 89001. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.