Reference Code: 80561
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 03/08/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Canada BU Innovation & Business Enablement team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary to support ongoing project delivery efforts.
We are seeking a forward-thinking Applications Developer who has knowledge and experience in SCADA software systems and Cloud Native development. This individual has the proven skills, competencies and capacity to deliver enhancements to our existing predictive maintenance application as well as development of capabilities within our future Cloud Native applications. Strong background in development, develops and automation practices.
What you’ll do
- Work on SCADA system implementation, integration, operation, support and maintenance activities
- Be part of an amazing team of unleashed builders who love what they do
- Work on cutting edge innovation projects using cloud native technologies, advanced analytics, AI & Machine Learning
- Contribute within an agile delivery team, work with Solution Architects to conceptualize solution components and produce design artifacts
- Contribute to development efforts within assigned projects
- Collaborate within our developer community to provide advocacy for learned patterns, standards and approaches
- University Degree or technical diploma from a recognized institution with a focus in Computer Science, Software development or a related study
- Minimum 4 years of relevant industry experience
- History of enterprise delivery
- Proven track record within traditional and cloud native application stacks
- AWS cloud experience including greenfield development, re-platforming, and lift and shift
- Languages: C# / .NET / .NET Core / Java/Python (or experience with other languages with the capacity to quickly ramp up) Shell scripting
- Modern web UI frameworks (ie: Amplify with React/Angular)
- Database and other data storage technologies
- Test Automation
- Experience with projects following Agile delivery methods
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code/Build, Deploy, System automation
- System Monitoring (ie: CloudWatch)
- Cloud Infrastructure & Networking knowledge
- Solid Object Oriented Programming (OOP) skills, able to write clean, well factored code based on S.O.L.I.D. principles
- In addition, the candidate should:
- Demonstrate strong focus on delivering value for stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have be able to have fun while working
- Be a team player, ability to work independently and within a team environment
- OSISoft experience
- AWS Cloud Certifications
- Machine Learning, condition-based monitoring, and/or predictive maintenance experience
- Big Data & Frameworks (ie:Hadoop/Spark/Glue/Warehousing/Data Lakes)
- Python Data Science Libraries (ie:Numpy/Pandas)
- AWS AI services experience
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) process experience
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 03/08/2021 using reference code 80561. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.