POSITION SUMMARY Apprentice Electricians possess the full range of knowledge required to install, connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes, including climate control, security, lighting, power sources and communications. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. Note: This posting will be used to collect applications to fill current openings as well as anticipated future openings. Future openings are anticipated but not guaranteed. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Install, alter, repair, maintain various electrical systems and related equipment
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical code specifications
- Plan layout and illustration of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures based on job specifications and local codes.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, to ensure compliance with codes.
- Registered Apprentice with the appropriate provincial or federal authority
- Rigid and EMT conduit experience is an asset
- Industrial experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.