POSITION SUMMARY Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanics are responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of branded power system products. They will also assist with mechanical repair and maintenance of machinery and compressors in the shop and the field. Employees of our JEDCO division are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. Note: This posting will be used to collect applications to fill current openings as well as anticipated future openings. Future openings are anticipated but not guaranteed. PROJECT/POSITION DETAILS
- Candidate local to the Red Deer area preferred
- Able to take direction and work alone
- Accountable for the repairs, service, inventory management of parts, oils & other day-to-day consumables
- Prioritizing field/shop repairs with respect to logistics of the utilized equipment with attention to deliverables
- Maintaining good relationships with vendors
- Aligning the maintenance and upkeep of fleet vehicles/equipment with attention being paid to federal commercial vehicle inspections and regulations
- Must be a registered Apprentice with the appropriate provincial or federal authority
Experience SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Clean drivers abstract
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike, we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at the Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike, we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety-focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.