POSITION SUMMARY Apprentice Instrumentation Technicians are integral support members of the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Team. Based in Calgary the E&I team works on local projects as well as site projects located in Western Canada. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. Note: This posting will be used to collect applications to fill current openings as well as anticipated future openings. Future openings are anticipated but not guaranteed. POSITION DETAILS
- A successful candidate for this position will be local to Calgary or surrounding areas
- Extensive experience in the construction, repair, and alteration of instrument tubing in accordance with ABSA standards
- Work with a variety of pneumatic and electronic instruments to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, composition.
- Test accuracy of flow meters, pressure gages, temperature indicators, controllers, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
- Calibrate, repair, maintain and adjust system components, and install and maintain instruments on new or existing equipment.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Read and interpret P&ID’s and Isometrics.
- A demonstrated ability to work safe.
- Must be a registered Apprentice with the appropriate provincial or federal authority
- Must have successfully completed the Swagelok Installation training course
- Tubing experience and knowledge is required
- Previous experience working in the industrial/energy industry an asset
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Must be willing to travel to work sites
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.