POSITION SUMMARY Reporting to the Vice President, E&I the Area Manager oversees field operations and promotes Strike business in the Grande Prairie area. The area manager ensures all aspects of the business unit operations are safely carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the company. Managers oversee the operational, administrative and support functions in their business unit and provide overall market insight and operational excellence into the development and execution of annual and strategic business plans. Managers also cooperate with other business unit and corporate service managers to provide resources and support to other business units or projects. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for leading, promoting and maintaining a safe work environment, and monitoring the workplace to ensure a high standard of compliance to all occupational health and safety regulations and procedures
- Lead the compliance with established policies, procedures and standards for safety, quality control, finance, operations, equipment maintenance, and business development
- Manage and maintain field assets efficiently
- Incorporate company procedures and policies in operations of business unit.
- Monitor and review project activities and ensure completion within scheduled time and budget. Ensure proper pre-job, on-the-job and post-job planning and oversight is completed.
- Manage business activities focusing on financial and strategic growth of organization.
- Monitor QA and QC measures and other KPI’s for projects and the business unit as a whole.
- Build strong relationship with the customers in order to maintain revenue growth. Prepare and submit annual capital and operating budgets for designated area
- Lead business development planning and execution for the business unit. Leverage existing contacts for project opportunities.
- Manage client relationships and ensure all elements of client projects are addressed including costing, bid preparation, contract negotiations, change management, resource allocation and conflict resolution.
- Ensure project risks are identified and controlled including supply chain and supplier risk sharing though proper procurement and subcontracting strategies
- Maintain a personal network of business contacts & connections to more comprehensively manage the business unit and develop business and project opportunities
- Monitor & identify trends in the local & regional economies, and provide input into the development to annual, strategic and sales plans
- Develop an organizational culture that leads to ongoing excellence and effective growth of the business while maintaining the highest integrity
- Build a competitively superior organization by attracting, developing, and retaining talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivations are in the right place, at the right time to meet business needs
- Provide direct and honest feedback to employees and direct reports. Oversee the development of the successors at all levels of the business unit.
- Create harmonious working environment, train and mentor staff and motivate all team members to perform efficiently by being honest and consistent, keeping commitments, exchanging ideas openly, and providing support
- Conduct personal growth initiatives for ongoing improvement & understanding of: leadership, management, oil field construction, planning and communication
- Co-operate with other Area Managers and Project Superintendents in the effective utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Co-operate with the department heads of safety, quality finance, equipment, procurement, human resources and business development in areas of mutual concern
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Journeyman Electrician
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in the oil and gas sector as an Area/Operations Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- A well-developed network of industry contacts in Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Proven project management skills, including preparing project budgets and achieving required margins
- Basic financial management skills
- Working knowledge of relevant occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, standards and procedures
- Well developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of participating in and facilitating group meetings
- Good professional verbal and communication skills and organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated to lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.