Strike is looking for B-Pressure Rig Welder (Journeyman) with orbital welding experience in oil & gas construction/facility maintenance. Typical welds include big bore position and roll welds with an orbital welder or by hand with flux core as per welding procedure specifications, weld maps and work packages. Our welders take pride in their trade, and see that Strike’s high standards of safety and quality are always met.
- Excellent knowledge running a Lincoln orbital welding system or by hand with flux core on 16” to 48” pipe
- Work with non-destructive Testing Inspector
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Welding of pipe spools with an emphasis on Safety, Quality and Production while working in accordance to client specifications and Strike’s weld procedures
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- Experience welding with RMD for the root pass as well as experience with flux core
- B-Pressure ticket and CWB certification
- Possess a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Valid driver’s license & clean drivers abstract
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol and drug test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret acorn drawings
- Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.