Our client, an Oil and Gas company located in Calgary AB, is seeking a candidate to fill the role as the General Manager. The General Manager will be responsible for the planning and supervising of all business activities and will seek to improve processes with the goal of overall cost reduction, quality enhancement, on-time delivery and customers satisfaction. In addition to being goal-driven and organized; the most successful candidate will have proven experience as a General Manager as well as multi-disciplined experience in a manufacturing and production environment.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
– Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities;
– Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets;
– Lead business development activities, integral to short and long-term business growth;
– Confers with vendors to determine part specifications and recommends the purchase of equipment and materials used in manufacturing and production;
– Prepare and adhere to annual and as required budgets and operating plans in accordance with overall company budgets and operating plan preparation cycles;
– Review and analyze capacity needs to ensure that operational schedules can be achieved;
– Provide cost analysis as required by senior management;
– Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations;
– Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery;
– Confer with customers and engineering staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods;
– Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs for management decisions;
– Strict adherence to the Environmental, Health, and Safety guidelines and policies;
– Participate in accident investigation program, operator start-up inspections, and hazard identification programs;
– Address employees’ issues and grievances;
– Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership, development, and training as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or relevant field is preferred;
– Demonstrated commitment to, and successes in, Health & Safety;
– Superior leadership skills with the ability to motivate people and properly convey the Company’s mission and vision to the team. He/she will have well-developed management skills with a proven track record of successfully coaching and developing employees;
– The General Manager will be approachable with an open-door management style with excellent listening skills and compassion for understanding employee issues, concerns, and ideas;
– Knowledge of basic Accounting and Finance principles;
– Proficiency in MS Office, ERP (SAP) and MRP programs;
– Speak effectively before groups of customers or company employees;
– Excellent presentation skills;
– Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
– Analytical/critical thinker.
Please apply directly to Big Fish Staffing. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, only those selected will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
- Big Fish Staffing