Engineering and Compliance Technician
Blue Sky Resources Ltd. is a private Canadian oil and gas exploration company with assets in Western Canada.
We are seeking an Engineering and Compliance Technician to join our growing organization on a permanent full-time basis in our Calgary office. Reporting to the Vice President – Engineering and Compliance, the successful candidate will be a key member of the engineering team and provide critical information for the business decisions of the Department and Company.
• Maintain and provide administrative support for Avocet Capture (Fieldview) and ProdMan including DataScavenger and SCADA communication
• Prepare weekly production report with assistance from the operations group
• Well licensing with all government regulators (AER and OGC)
• Drill & completions (incl. abandonments) well record reporting to all governments
• Well test/fluid analysis data submissions (where applicable) with all governments
• Respond to any audits, requests &/or issues from government regulators
• Maintain New Drill Tracker spreadsheet, including Gantt Charts & cycle time reporting
• Maintain Net Well Report (corporate reporting)
• Manage inactive well lists, D13 suspended wells & BC suspended wells, including any submission requirements
• Set up New Well Data sheets & send out notifications for new wells/reactivations
• Set-up of new batteries, suspend wells, etc. on the Petroleum Registry (Alberta)
• Coordinate annual packer isolation testing, casing vent flow testing and annual pressure surveys
• Monitor and track fluid analysis, input into Fieldview as required and coordinate testing schedules to ensure compliance
• Administer AbaData computer program and provide support to the field as required
• Provide administrative support for the Engineering Department
• Occasional travel to field locations may be required
• Minimum 7 years of applicable oil and gas work experience
• A very strong knowledge of Avocet Capture (Fieldview) or equivalent, with direct experience with database maintenance and administration
• Excellent computer skills which include familiarity with Avocet Capture (or equivalent), Accumap, MS Word and Excel. Previous database experience (Oracle, Access) would also be an asset
• Technically strong, with high integrity, and focused on the economic impacts of their decisions
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple priorities and projects within the team
• A positive and collaborative working style with a proven ability to work as a team player with operations, engineers, geoscientists, land, and accounting personnel
The Engineering and Compliance Technician position allows for an opportunity for growth; a competitive salary and is eligible for participation in the employee benefit plan which includes a matching RRSP program. Interested applicants may send their CV’s to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in Blue Sky Resources Ltd.; however only those of interest will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Sky Resources Ltd.