We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Vice President of Law and Corporate Secretary, this position is responsible for the efficient coordination and execution of advanced administrative functions requiring relevant skills, experience and knowledge of company policies and practices. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with various levels of employees and leadership across the organization.
What you’ll do
- Coordination of Board of Directors’ and Board Committee meetings through drafting of agendas, reviewing materials (and drafting standardized materials), setting calendars and coordinating with appropriate people
- Ensure that all Board and Committee materials are properly documented and uploaded to the system and Board portal, appropriately communicated and ultimately retained as a corporate record
- Responsible for ensuring all attendees for meetings (internal and external) have been informed of applicable meeting details
- Compile and submit information to payroll relating to quarterly payment of director’s fees and retainers in accordance with compensation protocols, checklists and the deferred share unit plan
- Actively monitor Board of Directors budget, understanding budget requirements, systems and processes, identifying and reconciling variances;
- Initial draft of minutes in accordance with the template and the agenda and circulation of relevant extracts to management and Chairs
- Ensure all post-Board and Committee meeting activities (as detailed on checklists) are completed
- Maintain and update processes and procedures manuals for Corporate Secretary
- Responsible for maintaining director biographies and assist with compilation of applicable information for annual Directors’ Questionnaires
- Maintain and circulate the Directors Information Manual for new directors and coordinate director induction and onboarding meetings
- Review and edit applicable Governance sections of the Management Information Circular
- Independently create practical solutions to problems utilizing in-depth knowledge to evaluate impacts on the organization
- Process invoices and expenses incurred by Board members relating to their services to the company
- Demonstrate considerable autonomy and judgment in coordinating priorities and meetings, managing schedules
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Secretary and Assistant Board Coordinator to ensure smooth and efficient execution of Board/Committee meetings; and
- Act as a liaison between the Board members, Corporate Secretary and executive/senior leadership team and their executive assistants
- 10+ years of progressive administrative/communication/project experience is desired
- Proficient MS Office computer skill applications: Word, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Working knowledge of board portals such as Diligent
- Energetic personality who is a self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to tolerate ambiguity in the work place
- Excellent planning, time management, and problem-solving skills and experience
- Excellent and proven collaboration and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to exercise initiative and prioritize work effectively and manage tight deadlines and schedules
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills in dealing with competing priorities
- Ability to use unconventional approaches to solve problems when standard approaches are not effective
- Professionally manage highly confidential and sensitive information
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 07/22/2019 using reference code 59207. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.