Bow River Energy Ltd. is an Alberta-based, privately held, heavy oil and gas producer currently producing 2,400 BOE/day from operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Bow River’s operations goal is to maximize value through increasing production, minimizing cost and responsibly managing liabilities while placing the highest priorities on safety, community, and the environment. Culture is an essential part of Bow River’s mandate; we strive to ensure all our employees contribute to decision making whether they are working in the Calgary office or at the well site.
Bow River has an immediate opening for an experienced Field Operator reporting to the Lead Operator in the Provost area. The Field Operator is a member of the team accountable to provide safe and cost-effective operation and maintenance for Bow River’s wells, gathering systems, and process facilities.
- Manage and maintain day-to-day operation of wells, pipelines and processing facilities
- Identify ideas to increase production and reduce costs
- Responsible for housekeeping and upkeep of facilities and wellsites
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs to equipment
- Respond to after hour callouts
- Test wells, report production and make recommendations to improve performance
- Track all expenditures in their area
- Ensure field activities follow health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a culture of safety and environmental responsibility
- Participate in safety and environmental inspections at facility
- Engage respectfully with residents and the community
- Minimum 5+ years of field operating experience
- Fully competent operating high-volume lift, PCP pumps, sour heavy oil wells and batteries
- Capable of physical labour while working alone in a year-round outdoor setting
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4th Class Power Engineering, Gas Processing Courses, Technical diploma or journeyman
certificate in a related discipline would be an asset
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong mechanical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Valid H2S and First Aid certificates
- Working knowledge of MS Office, SCADA systems, and ProdView or ProdMan
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license – clean drivers abstract is required
Please respond in confidence to email@example.com by December 12, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.