Bow River Energy Ltd. is an Alberta-based, privately held, heavy oil and gas producer currently producing 2,400 BOE/day from operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Bow River’s operations goal is to maximize value through increasing production, minimizing cost and responsibly managing liabilities while placing the highest priorities on safety, community, and the environment. Culture is an essential part of Bow River’s mandate; we strive to ensure all our employees contribute to decision making whether they are working in the Calgary office or at the well site.
Bow River has an immediate opening for an experienced Lead Operator that will report to the Provost Foreman. The successful candidate will lead a team of operators to provide safe and cost-effective operation and maintenance of Bow River’s wells, pipeline systems, and process facilities. The Lead Operator is accountable to ensure Bow River Energy’s business expectations including: Health, Safety & Training; community relations; environment; regulatory; company policy; corporate values; and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics are all achieved at the field level.
- Manage and maintain day-to-day operation of wells, pipelines and processing facilities
- Identify optimization ideas to increase production and reduce costs
- Coordinate day-to-day operation, well testing, and upkeep of facilities
- Monitor and report on operations production and activities daily
- Ensure proper maintenance is conducted on all production equipment
- Communicate with and provide day to day direction to direct reports
- Plan and coordinate services and equipment for facility turnarounds or repairs
- Assist with integrity reviews, inspections, and cathodic protection surveys
- Takes the lead in start up of new wells and facilities
- Ensure field operations follow regulatory, health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Leads a culture of safety and environmental responsibility with the operators
- Participate in safety and environmental inspections
- Maintain a high level of HSE with incident reporting and follow-up
- Attend meetings and communicates frequently with the Provost and Calgary Office
- Work directly with Production Engineers to solve problems
- Develop and track budgets for yearly opex and special projects
- 10-15 years of previous operational experience
- Fully competent operating high-volume lift, PCP pump, sour heavy oil wells and batteries
- Previous leadership experience is an asset
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4th Class Power Engineering, Technical diploma, or journeyman certificate in a related discipline would
- be an asset
- Good understanding of ERP, OH&S legislation, and Regulatory policy in both AB and SK
- Valid H2S and First Aid certificates
- Working knowledge of MS Office, SCADA systems, and ProdView or ProdMan
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license – clean drivers abstract is required
Please respond in confidence to email@example.com by December 12, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.