Our team is searching for a highly motivated individual who is looking to develop their career. Although we are serious about running cost effective and safe operations, we are equally committed to the development and wellbeing of our people. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future.
BTG Energy Corporation is a private midstream oil and gas company that provides essential services to Canadian Producers in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. Our predominately fee-for-service business consists of natural gas processing, natural gas liquids fractionation and marketing services that include crude, NGLs, condensate, water, and sulphur. The BTG Energy team is comprised of experienced midstream team that have a proven track record of delivering cost effective, efficient, and safe operational results. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
BTG Energy is seeking to fill our Operations Accountant position based out of the Sylvan Lake Gas Plant (located 10 minutes southeast of Sylvan Lake). The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of BTG’s operations and production accounting for the Sylvan Lake area. We are only accepting applications from individuals who are exceptionally reliable, and willing to embrace our corporate culture of teamwork and our exemplary safety standards.
Reporting to the CFO, some specific duties and responsibilities of the Operations Accountant include, but are not limited to:
– Perform monthly full cycle production accounting for assets based in the Sylvan Lake Area
– Gather, analyze and validate volumetric activities for gas and oil wells, batteries, gathering systems, gas plants and injection facilities
– Proactively monitor variance reports to identify and resolve any volumetric discrepancies
– Set-up new wells, facilities, royalties and facility charges for assigned properties
– Meet reporting deadlines for regulatory agencies and business partners
– Calculate and book monthly revenue, royalties and facility charges
– Book revenue for assigned non-operated properties
– Reconcile accounts receivable and clear outstanding items
– Validate and reconcile sales statements to daily trucking tickets
– Explore technology and process innovations to improve efficiency and ensure accuracy
– Maintain accounting principles and procedures and maintain all accounting records in accordance with GAAP/IFRS
– Manage all aspects of operational accounting including joint venture, production accounting and general accounting
– Ensure that internal controls are effective and operational
– Arrange appropriate internal and external audits
– Work with the Operations group to provide and maintain the most accurate and relevant data for decision making
– Work with the CFO on matters of taxation, ownership and control
– Contribute to the team on M&A due diligence and asset integration
– Other related duties as required
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business is preferred
– CAPPA designation preferred
– Minimum 8 years of Production Accounting experience
– Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a deadline driven environment
– Strong relationship-building capabilities and a collaborative working style
– Excellent people management skills
– System savvy and ability to work with different applications and databases
– Highly proficient in advanced MS Excel including pivot tables and v-lookups
– Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per BTG’s Safety Policy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.