Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time Buildings Field Foreman in Blackfoot, Alberta. The successful candidate must have previous experience working with self-framed buildings or pre-engineered buildings.
- 1 year’s previous experience with self-frame or pre-engineered metal buildings an asset
- Certification and training with the following are required or in process:
- CSO Certificate
- Fall Protection – OSSA
- Aerial lift – OSSA
- First Aid
- Valid driver’s license with an abstract
- H2S Alive
- CSTS – 2019 or greater
- Steel toed safety boots required
- Basic knowledge of the operation and safety requirements of power tools
- Required to work in a fast paced environment; ability to demonstrate and support a safety-orientated work environment
- Able to pass pre-access drug and alcohol testing as required by client
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
- Will be required to work out of town as needed
- Assist in decision making regarding day-to-day operations with the guidance and support from the Project Manager; including but not limited to general inquires, day to day operation, or issues related to Buildings projects
- Understand the costs, productivities, capabilities, and execution strategies for specific projects
- Assist in tracking action Items for jobs and meet deliverable dates. Following procedures set forth for specific projects
- Responsible to ensure daily time is accurately captured, submitted, and approved, as required
- Coordinate the delivery of equipment as required; ensure proper utilization of equipment to minimize costs
- Review the bid drawings and note any changes between the drawings
- Direct crews to erect, self-frame buildings and or pre-engineered buildings
- Assemble and erect metal buildings
- Responsible for the efficient and safe installation of buildings and/or repairs
- Use of power tools
- Ability to work at heights on ladders or scaffold
- Able to carry out work safety procedures
- Perform other related tasks as maybe assigned by the Project Manager
- This position will be based out of our Blackfoot, AB location.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Health and Dental benefit package
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.