JUNIOR / SENIOR, BUSINESS ANALYST
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Manager, Business Analytics, the Analyst, Business supports internal stakeholders to maintain and enhance communication of information between Digital, Front, Middle, and Back Office. This position is responsible for ensuring timely accurate deal entry capture in Allegro, while supporting mid and back office initiatives for reliable product P&L, inventory and risk reporting. We are looking to fill multiple positions and candidates with more or less experience, than listed below, are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Allegro deal entry
- Front Office liaison with Mid/Back Office and Digital Team, proactively address processes and policies
- Provide offline or Allegro fed P&L analysis for marketing book vs accounting views of the business
- Support accounting function efforts to capture accurate accrual data
- Support business line reporting accuracy
- Support process improvement for deal capture, system outputs, and contract verification and settlement
- Provide product inventory management and equity production forecasting updates to accurately measure hedging exposure to ensure Commercial stays within the Commodity Price Hedging Policy
- Support Supply & Marketing team leads with analytics based on Allegro and other data sources
- Calculate facility crude and condensate equalization WADF’s where necessary
- Interface and collaborate with various internal AltaGas groups including: Accounting, Risk – Contracts, Risk Management, Logistics, and Front office
What you must have:
- Relevant university degree in either Commerce, Economics, or Finance
- 5+ years of commercial operations experience with a focus on NGL, Condensate, Crude Oil and LPG markets
- Advanced skills in Power Bi, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Skills in ETRM systems a must (knowledge of Allegro considered an asset)
- Ability and aptitude to excel in an unstructured work environment
- Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; self-motivated to deliver exceptional results; and a focus on maximizing team performance
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.