Business Analyst – Project Services
Reference Code: 88179
Location: Canadá (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Project Services
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 08/02/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Project Controls team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Canada and United States to provide support to Liquids Projects Canada and US projects portfolio. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Manager Project Services, you will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of strategic initiatives including reporting and governance/assurance. You will work closely with various stakeholders to ensure team deliverables are developed and maintained for continuous improvement of the business.
What You Will Do
- Work with the Manager Project Services on budget planning
- Collaborate with project team to coordinate accurate and timely submission of project reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Support the development of report measures (KPIs) and scorecards to track progress of programs and projects
- Develop reports and presentation materials for stakeholders
- Take the initiative to identify, recommend, and implement opportunities to streamline and optimize procedures and tools
- Collect data, prepare analysis, and generate recommendations
- Plan, lead, and carry out other assigned activities on behalf of Liquid Projects
- Continue to develop your knowledge of company business, strategy, goals and objectives
- Relevant post-secondary education program and 6 or more years of related experience
- Advanced utilization of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Power BI)
- Positive attitude rooted in our core values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Responsibility
- Superior organization and planning skills and ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy in information and documentation management
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to analyze and interpret data, and convey information in a logical manner
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present information to various stakeholders
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills including, collaboration, conflict resolution and cross functional engagement
- Functions effectively in an environment where change occurs continuously
- Ability to adapt and evolve with changing business environments and requirements
- Experience with SharePoint 365 and Teams
- Knowledge of Project Controls and/or Project Management is an asset
- IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysis) certification or Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 08/02/2021 using reference code 88179. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.