Business Analyst – Scheduling
Reference Code: 93224
Location: Canada (CA) -Calgary, AB
Job Category: Marketing/Trading
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/20/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility, and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably, and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our hard-working team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business to support our Liquids Trading and Marketing department.
We are seeking a detailed oriented individual who is responsible for collaborating with working closely with traders, schedulers, business analysts and management and must be competent in performing routine and non-routine activities. The role requires individuals who require minimal supervision with the ability schedule, represent the company well in customer interactions, and provide analytics to support the business unit. The individual will report to the Director of Liquids Marketing and Trading in Houston.
What you’ll do
- Schedule pipeline and terminal positions, ensuring teams’ portfolio needs are met and represent the company well
- Primarily focus on FOB and Market Hub scheduling, as well as providing back up for other existing scheduling roles within the team
- Daily, update and run scheduling work book to upload information into the TCLM system of record, and provide support to Position Reporting analyst
- Collect, consolidate and manage large data sets to be used for market analysis
- Work toward understanding Crude oil markets to provide market views and contribute to trade ideas from a scheduling perspective, including assessments of short- and long-term markets
- Be able to develop views of crude oil infrastructure development and the associated impacts on markets and team’s portfolio as well as support business development opportunities
- Must be able to work in a non-regulated environment and meet/respect all compliance and Code of Business ethics requirements
- Position may be adjusted based on the qualifications of the successful candidate
- Other tasks as required
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business, Commerce or Economics
- Minimum 0 to 15 years of progressive experience
- Advanced computer skills particularly with Excel
- Working knowledge/understanding of the crude oil industry or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong data management/database knowledge, ability to efficiently capture data and re-configure into a usable form
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to apply skills and knowledge to changing issues and situations
- The drive to learn and succeed
- Proven team player and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Experience within the energy industry
- An equivalent combination of education and direct experience may be considered
About our Business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 4,900-kilometre (3,000-mile) liquids pipeline system connects growing continental oil supplies to key markets and refineries. The Keystone Pipeline System delivers approximately 20 per cent of western Canadian exports to key refinery markets in the U.S. Midwest and Gulf Coast, where it is converted into fuel and other useful petroleum products
Apply to this posting by 10/20/2021 using reference code 93224. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.