Vertex is currently recruiting for a Business Analyst in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The purpose of this position is to provide analysis and support on internal applications being implemented or used within the company. Duties will include software, hardware support, procurement, integrations, reporting, various projects and additional duties as required. Remote support and some travel to various locations is required.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a comparable role
- Post-secondary Degree in Business or a related technical field
- Project Management Certifications is an asset
- Experience in the fluid hauling industry is an asset
- Experience with AssetWorks applications is an asset
- Strong ability to research Vertex’ and analyze specific business needs
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of complex application solutions
- Experience in the development of project documents for a wide variety of initiatives and projects
- Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate with senior management and stakeholders of the project
- Experience in making decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite focusing on Excel
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with different levels and types of users
- Provides business analysis, consulting, project leadership and client relationship management to support corporate and divisional objectives
- Lead the implementation, installation, configuration, upgrade, and conversion of application systems and operational software
- Setup, maintain, re-configure, add, change modules, and fields with related applications
- Work closely with the Accounting and IT departments to achieve goals
- Provide Accounting, and Operational application user support for Sherwood Park and district offices
- Manage and select appropriate software applications for systems according to business requirements and ensure achievement of results. This includes collaboration with Accounting, IT, Operations, and vendors to ensure achievement of all business objectives
- Ensuring both business and technology related solutions adhere to standards, regulations and
- Engage with senior management and assist end-users and stakeholders to resolve and lay out required information infrastructure
- Manage and coordinate with departments to develop and provide technical reports, training materials, programs, and documentations for end users
- Administer applications and provide technical expertise in development and execution
- Organize regular research studies for new technologies and fit them into organization
- Assist with system check and quality assurance
- Assist users with troubleshooting and identifying problems
- Provide post-implementation support and on-going support measures
- Work with the IT department to review, coordinate and execute system updates, upgrades, and conversions
- Establish and roll out training plans for system and software changes
- Follow Change Management Procedures when deploying changes to the varying environments
- This position will be based out of Sherwood Park, AB with some travel required.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.