Business Development Representative
Reference Code: 93461
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Business Development
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Non-Regulated Business Development team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary to support the Canada Gas Commercial.
We are seeking a Business Development Representative to join our Non-Regulated Business Development team, reporting to the Manager of Non-Regulated Gas Business Development. This role plays a critical part in all aspects of identifying, evaluating and advancing new business development opportunities within the traditional Gas Markets and New Energy space. You will be focused on assisting with current development initiatives and preparing material for marketing and management review. Success in this role requires an emphasis on efficient prospecting and networking, the ability to identify and coordinate internal and external resources and the ability to establish strong strategic relationships.
What you’ll do
• Participate in the development of market strategies and business plans using comprehensive knowledge of the market and its trends, and competitors’ offerings and positioning
• Participate in internal or external market assessments to identify business opportunities, infrastructure requirements, and market share development
• Provide significant contributions for developing new opportunities for Canada Gas
• Collaborate with internal teams in creating a strong market presence by analyzing new opportunities and targeting markets consistent with business objectives and growth targets
• Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including existing customers, interconnecting pipelines, and project investors / developers
• Understand customers’ needs and collaborate with internal and external experts, to develop suitable innovative solutions
• Prepare materials required for internal approvals necessary to advance BD opportunities and/or secure funding from TC energy’s Business Development Committee (BDC) and/or Capital Allocation Committee (CAC)
• Participate in negotiations for terms and conditions of partners or client agreements as required
• Accountable for delivery of value-add investment opportunities that are strategically aligned, on-time, in-scope and on-budget, while working closely with internal teams, including Commercial, Regulatory, Projects, Operations and corporate
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or related field
• Minimum 10+ years of commercial, development, or related experience
• An alternative combination of education and experience may be considered
• Experience in the energy transition space and/or within a commercial or business development team
• Customer service focus with an understanding of customer needs and expectations
• Results driven to overcome obstacles in a proactive manner
• Proven ability to operate efficiently and effectively in unstructured, project-oriented environment
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong ability to analyze and create effective customer solutions
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to participate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic changing environment
• Demonstrated skills in working in ambiguous situations
• Proven ability to understand and develop win/win solutions in the market
Apply to this posting by 10/22/2021 using reference code 93461. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.