Requisition Id: 22507
Department: Controller Group
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Oil Sands & Heavy Oil Business Unit (OBU) part of our Pipeline Division is currently seeking an Analyst, Business Planning.
Pembina’s OBU is one of Canada’s largest oil sands and heavy oil pipeline operators and the business unit also operates one of the largest merchant terminal businesses in western Canada. These combined assets allow us to provide long-term, dedicated transportation and storage services to our customers.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Unit Controller, this role is focused on producing and maintaining budgets, forecasts, long-range planning models, and analytical deliverables in support of achieving Business Unit objectives (base, development, optimization) and meeting Corporate Planning Requirements. Key responsibilities include developing and maintaining consistent and robust financial planning models for OBU’s pipeline and terminal assets and ensuring frameworks and assumptions are in accordance with Business Unit, Divisional, and Corporate standards. Responsibilities include, are not limited to:
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain complex financial and commercial planning models to support current business activities, new commercial operations, business development, ensuring models are structured in accordance with established corporate economic standards;
- Liaise with the necessary teams (Business Development, Customer Service Engineering, Operations, Accounting, Corporate Planning and Development) to gather all pertinent data and input considerations required to create an Economic/Business picture;
- Provide modeling and scenario analysis to support decision making regarding commercial activities and opportunities within our current asset footprint and new lines of business; and
- Assist in the preparation of materials for senior management, including and not limited to, annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and long-range plans.
- Support commerce and business development for crude oil and condensate pipelines and terminals by evaluating commercial initiatives through conceptualization, economic, competitive and strategic analysis and assisting in determining the commercial terms of future arrangements; and
- Support Oil Sands & Heavy Oil Business Unit in evaluating strategic transactions (M&A), including and not limited to, preparation of presentation materials, detailed financial analysis, and conducting due diligence.
- Build internal relationships and liaise with various groups within Business and Service Units within Pembina to ensure that financial information flows to and from the Business Unit in a coordinated manner; and
- Support ongoing growth and optimization initiatives, special projects and a be contributing team member to an inclusive and diverse work culture.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or another quantitative discipline;
- Possess or working toward advanced education is preferred (CFA, CPA, MBA);
- 2 + years of progressive experience and related industry experience, preferably in Investment Banking, Business/Corporate Development, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Accounting;
- Demonstrated business acumen, strong research and analytical skills, advanced Excel and financial modeling, presentation and PowerPoint capabilities; and
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects in a detailed and organized fashion, think independently and work collaboratively.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.