Canadian Discovery Ltd.
Canadian Discovery Ltd. (CDL) is an independent, global energy information services company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. As world leaders in reservoir- to basin-scale evaluation, we specialize in assessing subsurface properties, pressure, fluid flow, fluid chemistry and geomechanics. CDL’s extensive subsurface knowledge and GIS capabilities support Clean Technologies including Carbon Sequestration and Storage (CCUS), Critical Minerals, Geothermal Energy and Water Disposal and Sourcing Solutions. Our deep understanding of depositional environments and fluid-rock interactions in the subsurface has been CDL’s core competency for over 35 years. We are using this foundation to strategically deliver CCUS site identification, Critical Mineral and Deep Geothermal assessments to clients world-wide.
Canadian Discovery is currently seeking a dynamic individual with excellent team work skills and a minimum of ten years of oil and gas industry experience. As an Exploration/Engineering Analyst for the CDL Digest, you will research and write technical reviews, generate supporting materials, monitor industry activity, and support and participate in the peer-review and editing process.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
· Researching and writing technical reviews of varying length and scope, with a focus towards specific prospects, projects, areas, operators and/or technologies, including conducting the necessary technical analysis required to advance original insights.
· Generating supporting materials including: maps, graphs, charts and technical illustrations, with professional support from technologists and graphic designers.
· Monitoring industry activity to identify important developments and potential opportunities, and preparing for and participating in bi-weekly article scoping sessions.
· Integrating and collaborating with technical professionals across the organization to ensure technical consistency and excellence.
· Supporting and participating in the peer-review and editing process; ensuring that all relevant standards and objectives are met in a timely fashion.
· Provide support for other CDL products, studies and initiatives on an as-needed basis.
· Attend team meetings, document work and participate in corporate initiatives.
To succeed in this position, you will require:
· Broad-based oil and gas industry knowledge, including in-depth geological and/or engineering experience in the WCSB.
· Excellent English technical writing capabilities, including ability to clearly organize and succinctly communicate concepts in written form as well as via tables, charts, maps and schematics.
· Experience with geoLOGIC’s geoSCOUT an asset and will be required learning. Training is available.
· TIBCO Spotfire or other data analytical program (such as Tableau or Power BI) skills a definite asset, and will be required learning.
· Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
· Database skills would be an asset.
· Financial analyst skills would be an asset.
· Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills, including ability to work to deadlines.
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in earth sciences or engineering.
· 10 – 20 years of work experience.
In return, we offer:
A unique and stimulating work environment, competitive compensation and career growth opportunities.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2023 (or until position is filled)
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter addressing your direct suitability to this role, and salary expectations.
Alison Lane, Human Resources, Canadian Discovery Ltd.
500, 622 – 5 Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 0M6
Canadian Discovery is an employee-owned company offering a unique and stimulating work environment, flexible hours and competitive compensation. For more information about our company, products and services, please visit: www.canadiandiscovery.com.
Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.