- Develop and execute enterprise wide category strategies by leading cross functional teams through category management process based on an agreed-upon category wave plan and other business strategies approved by management, that may or may not be part of the wave plan.
- Establish category delivery plans, cross functional teams with clear roles and responsibilities and robust stakeholder management strategies.
- Lead the spend analysis and segmentation of categories based on spend and long-term demand including any significant organization or market changes to jointly identify opportunities gaining business and management commitment through the development of business cases.
- Ensure category management processes are implemented and maintained from conception to close-out, in accordance with Supply Chain Management policy, Operational Integrity Management Systems (HOIMS), the Governance and Enablement Group and all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Lead category or categories’ scorecard to measure performance and identify opportunities in accordance with Supply Chain Management policy, Operational Integrity Management Systems (HOIMS) and the Governance and Enablement Group.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the approach to the supply market analyzing current and future market activities, trends and identifying sourcing opportunities within the category with support from the Category Business Analysts.
- Manage the development and approval of sourcing strategies, taking into consideration both strategic and tactical levers through the application of appropriate sourcing tools and optimizing supplier relationships within the categories.
- Manage overall sourcing process including RFX development and completion through the use of available technologies. Where appropriate utilize alternative sourcing methods, for example, reverse auctions.
- Lead the development and negotiation of contracts, focusing of realizing the performance expectations of the strategy while managing appropriate risk allocation, acceptable terms and conditions and correct schedule utilization Manage the evaluation of RFX responses against a set of pre-defined criteria, including management of cross functional stakeholder groups preparing recommendations for award of contract. Apply total cost of ownership (TCO) methodology/methodologies.
- Manage business stakeholder relationships across the organization in order to achieve buy-in and support for establishing KPI targets, objectives and strategies.
- Identify overall value opportunities within the category strategy including operational, structural, process and technology changes to realize benefits working with business stakeholders to initiate additional projects to realize these benefits.
- Manage overall transition from current strategy to the new strategy working with Category Specialists and stakeholders to manage risks and change over plans minimizing business impact.
- Ensure all SCM process, contracting documentation and master data changes are coordinated within the function, collaborating closely with all functions within Supply Chain Management
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.