Senior Operator (Class 3 Driver)
CEDA specializes in industrial maintenance, turnaround and environmental services and has a proud history in North America with roots extending back to 1973. Our talented and experience team is committed to delivering world-class solutions to help our clients maximize production, mitigate risk and avoid costly outages, always with safety top of mind.
We are committed to putting the right people, in the right place, at the right time while offering an inclusive work environment, opportunities for professional development, a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, CEDA has opportunities for you!
We are currently seeking a Senior Operator (Class 3 Driver) to join our team in 2023 This position is for a six (6) month term beginning in mid-March 2023, and will work full-time, continuously until mid October 2023. This position will be based out of our Fort McMurray office: 180 Maclennan Crescent, Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 4E8.
What we Offer:
· 6-month term: mid-March 2023 to mid-October 2023
· Various shifts, hours and days of week vary by assignment
· 8-12 hours per shift, based on an 8/44 overtime arrangement or a hours of work averaging agreement, with day and night shifts required
· $37.80 – $40.95 per hour
· Staff accommodations available (for a fee)
· Transportation is provided to and from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of the term
Location: Various. This is a mobile position and work locations will vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee. Major areas of operation will be in and around Fort McMurray, AB; the regional municipality of Wood Buffalo, AB; Edmonton, AB; Red Deer County, AB; Carseland, AB; and Sarnia, ON; Regina, SK; Estevan, SK; and Arcola, SK.
Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week
Language of work: English
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Work alongside Labourers assisting with the operation and maintenance of vacuum trucks, high pressure water equipment and various specialty trucks
· Work safely at heights up to 100 meters in a labour-intensive capacity
· Climb safely into small vessels and tanks with industrial cleaning equipment – our experienced crew has your back
· Complete minor maintenance and checks on equipment
· Mentor existing and new employees on work practices and procedures
· Ensure safety for all team members and property
· Provide quality service to our clients
· Learn new skills every day by rigging in and out specialty equipment
· Leave the job site in better condition that when we got there. Clean, safe and job done.
· Haul hoses, PPE and tools to where the work is being done
· Complete required paperwork for projects and jobs’
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in Industrial Cleaning; experience in operation and training others in driving and operation of hydrovacs; combos; wetvac; water; steamers; high pressure (dump gun).
Licensing/Certifications: Valid Class 3 driver’s license or equivalent; driver’s abstract check; valid CSO (Common Safety Orientation) certificate; Confined Space & Fall Protection certificates an asset.
Other Requirements: Able to provide a negative result on a pre-employment drug & alcohol test; ability to drive manual transmission vehicles; ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions; ability to lift 23kg (50 lbs) regularly; perform physically demanding work; own steel-toed safety boots
To view this posting and apply online, please visit: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CEDA1/743999862345791-senior-operator-class-3-driver-
When applying, please reference job number: REF954A (B).
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.